All Night Show On WGN-TV

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
All Night Show On WGN-TV
Posted by: Chipast ()
Date: February 17, 2012 02:39PM

Until about 1980, 81 or so. WGN-TV Channel 9 would present a rather unusual late night program called the "All Night Show", Once I discovered that old episodes of the "Twilight Zone" were one of the programs featured for such. Does anybody else know of any other specific shows which were highlighted in that unusual program?.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2012 02:42PM by Chipast.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: All Night Show On WGN-TV
Posted by: bowler ()
Date: February 18, 2012 07:25PM

Found this reference:

"...The announcer for both the station ID and the movie intro is Jerry Golden, who during this period typically worked these overnight weeknight hours, as well as weekday mornings and some weekend afternoons. He was quite a character and one of my favorite WGN staff announcers. I have an audio recording of him doing the open for the All Night Show (which followed The Late Movie) in early 1980..."

On this website:

http://www.fuzzymemories.tv/index.php?c=1221&m=

AD:

Posted by: wgnfanatic ()
Date: March 07, 2012 09:00AM

There were lot of other TV shows on the WGN All Night show. The F.B.I,Zane Gray,Daniel Boone,William Tell,Sea Hunt,Outer Limits. I mainly remember it in the 1980-81 years. I would love to find some VHS,Beta or u-matic recordings of anything from WGN in those years.

AD:

Posted by: rjmachon ()
Date: March 08, 2012 08:18PM

The F.B.I. is out on DVD, the TV group in Chicago, channel 26 The "U" has Daniel Boone, Sea Hunt, and the Outer Limits on TV. I think I saw William Tell on RTV TV.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact