Photographer Hans Myelund

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Photographer Hans Myelund
Posted by: LK ()
Date: January 21, 2012 02:00PM

I am a danish genealogist searching for a family branch in America. I was told that a person of my family, a descendant of my great-great-grandparents emigrated to Chicago around 1900, maybe before. He was in Denmark called Hans Jensen and his father was Anders Jensen of Mylund in northern Denmark. The family was often just called Mylund, so I was told that Hans called himself Hans Mylund og maybee rather Hans Myelund in Chicago. I was told that he was a fairly reknown photographer in Chicago in those days.
I can't find anything about him. Does anybody in Chicago know anything of him or howe I could 'chase him down'? I tried the site Encyclopedia of Chicago History, mad by the Historical Society, - and he was not mentioned.

Thank you in advance

Lars Kjærgaard
Århus, Denmark

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Photographer Hans Myelund
Posted by: zorchvalve ()
Date: January 21, 2012 07:15PM

Lars, If you can get onto "ancestry.com", I think you will find what you are looking for. If it is the same hans jensen, he was born in Denmark in 1866 and died in 1935. There are other hans jensens on ancestry.com,so you might check those also.

AD:

Re: Photographer Hans Myelund
Posted by: LK ()
Date: January 29, 2012 10:59AM

Thank you - I did try that - and Hans Jensen's there is a lot of. None of them seems to fit. But I just found out, that he might have changed his name once more, because Mylund is difficult in english. I found a note on his wife's visit to Denmark years ago, and she and he was then called Myeland. I wil now try to go after that name.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact