Re: The Tall Building That Existed On The NW Corner Of Chicago Nr Noble
Date: March 06, 2012 08:13PM
According to Sanborn map Vol 6, 1916 sheet 026 the Slovak Lutheran Church and school was at the northwest corner of Chicago and Noble. In the Sanborn map of "Chicago 1905-1951, Vol 6, 1916-June 1950, sheet 026, it was then the "Japanese Church of Jesus Christ". In old aerial photos it was there in the 1962 aerial, but gone in the 1973 photo. Address of this church was 1400 to 1408 W. Chicago Avenue.