Rebels

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rebels
Date: January 21, 2015 05:24PM

[b]Yes I know Bibky and his whole family. He lost his arm playing on the 49th street railroad tracks.I know the name Dave Malek but don't remember him off hand. i stoped hanging out at cornell in 1956 then got married in 1957. I married a girl on 53rd & Hermitage Irene Pasternak and as many others just grew up. I am 78 years old now but remember a lot from those days. Do you know where Binky is now or Franswa? I have been out of touch since the early 70's and that was at R & S Hide awy tavern at 50th & Oakly wheresome of the guys hung out.[/b]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2015 09:44PM by Richard Stachowski.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Posted by: Eric F ()
Date: January 21, 2015 08:16PM

I think the Rebels broke up in the early 60's after drawing too much police attention. Some of the younger guys became Muscadoodlers.

AD:

Posted by: SWEDE ()
Date: January 21, 2015 10:05PM

We use to jump trains at 50ih and Oakley and get off at 47th street to get Chili at Gus's it saved us alot of time. When Binky told us about his brother losing his arm when the box car door slamed shut during a car switch it spooked us for awhile. Rich, did you say you got married in 1957? You must be 7 or 9 yrs older than me. I'm 70. My brother would have been 73.

My older brother Roger and I moved from Oakley in 1956 and moved to 55th and Komensky. We stopped hanging around the neighborhood in the early 60's except for meeting family at Town Club Tavern before they sold it to Roger Casper. I realy don't remember the Muscakdoodlers. I remember the Knights and then my cousins gang the Gamblers.

AD:

Date: January 23, 2015 10:58PM

Rich, When you worked at Rex did you ever eat at Little Eddies Hot Dog Stand. Great dogs! How about Genos Pizza next to Dove Candies. Good pizza, one of the best along with Little Joe's on 63rd Street and Vito Nicks on Pulaski

AD:

Date: January 24, 2015 02:37PM

[b]YES ALL OF THHEM. Do wwe know each other?[/b]

AD:

Date: January 24, 2015 11:26PM

I'm sure we may have crossed paths somewhere in life. I'm just a youngster of 70 yrs. Ha! Ha! My cousin and a buddy of mine lived in Oak Lawn they were about the same age as me. My brother and I lived in Burbank at one time 1968 - 78.

AD:

Date: January 25, 2015 12:58PM

Rich, Actually my cousin and buddy both lived in Burbank on McVickers and back then it was a Oak Lawn mailing address until we got our own post office.

AD:

Date: January 25, 2015 05:13PM

[b][/b]SWEDE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure we may have crossed paths somewhere in
> life. I'm just a youngster of 70 yrs. Ha! Ha! My
> cousin and a buddy of mine lived in Oak Lawn they
> were about the same age as me. My brother and I
> lived in Burbank at one time 1968 - 78.
Right now I am 78 years old and live in Oak Lawn.

AD:

Date: January 25, 2015 11:21PM

Did you ever hang around the lounges/discos in the 70's like Bullwinkles, Jokos, Wooden Nickle,Copa, Babbys, Fields show lounge, Paragon Restraunt or Greccos

AD:

Date: January 26, 2015 08:37PM

[b]I hung out at some of the tavers like 47th & sacramento, ted's at 45th & richmond ,jackter lounge at 4701 s kedzie,& r& s hidaway ay 50th & oakley. and some others in back of the yards and brighton park.[/b]

AD:

Date: January 31, 2015 10:17PM

Rich,

Growing up in the yards did you know Eddie Surma. He probably be about 5 years older than you, however, he was a great softball player. He would play 2 games a day and maybe 5 games over the weekend on many teams. He was also known as Champ.

AD:

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact