Cool Before/After pic

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Cool Before/After pic
Posted by: HOLTANEK ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:34PM

I've always been interested in the west Washington Park neighborhood,mentioned extensivly in James T.Farrell's "Studs Lonigan" and his Danny O'Neill pentalogy. Once a thriving middle class working mans area, now a desolate hell hole.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Cool Before/After pic
Posted by: 222psm ()
Date: January 03, 2011 01:42PM

Very cool pics, it's sad to see a neighborhood go like that. There's a old post around here that captain54 put up with a before/after pic on 63rd similar to yours.
BTW I saw your post just now on how to post a pic, here's how you do it so it will show with your post:

what you do is hit the Flickr button (blue/red dot) where you type in your posts. the first time you do it, it will ask if you want to authorize the module to access your flickr account. There is a link, the word "authorize" next to step 1 click the word and it will take you to flickr to sign in. once you sign in it will give you a code, put that code in the box under step 2.

After that when you hit the blue/red button it will bring up you pictures, click the one you want to insert in your message.

It's a copy/paste from different post a few weeks ago that I answered the same question. That way you do not get that "Image error" message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 01:45PM by 222psm.

AD:

Date: January 03, 2011 01:47PM

Thanks, I've been trying to figure this out! BTW, I've found that I can "attach" a pic, but how could I have it show in the post itself?

AD:

Date: January 03, 2011 01:51PM

Just follow the steps above, it will show up like this:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 01:59PM by 222psm.

AD:

Re: Cool Before/After pic-NEW
Date: January 03, 2011 01:59PM

58th and Prairie, "Lonigans Fireplug", as mentioned several times in James T. Farrells "Washington Park" series...

AD:

Date: January 03, 2011 02:00PM

YAY!!!

AD:

Date: January 03, 2011 02:06PM

COOL! you got it!

AD:

Posted by: Artista ()
Date: January 13, 2011 03:24PM

Hey Holtanek , I loved the before and after shot..great posting. I spotted your image #110210056. I left a comment on it. I love that photo for so many reasons..good job

AD:

Date: January 14, 2011 02:14AM

Thanks!!

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact