Oliver Salinger and Company

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Oliver Salinger and Company
Posted by: FranCarmen ()
Date: June 05, 2010 08:47PM

They're listed as the developers of the Kimball Blvd subdivision where the house I grew up in was located. I believe this may be the parcel of land that was sold around the late thirties by the son of Pehr Peterson, owners of the Rosehill Nursery. On Google the firm's name comes up as developer of several subdivision in that area, mostly for houses built in the early 1940s, but nothing comes up about the firm. There is a 1917 obituary in the Chicago Tribune for an Isadore Salinger of Milwaukee who was the father of Oliver Salinger. For a blog post I'm writing about my childhood home, I'm wondering if this is the same person and any information about the firm. Thanks.

http://francesarcher.com

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Oliver Salinger and Company
Posted by: bowler ()
Date: June 30, 2010 10:38PM

There are numerous ads and real estate transaction listings for "Oliver Salinger and Company" or also known as "Oliver Salinger" from 1914 or so in the Tribune as well as his obituary from 1947. I can't link to them because they are from a subscription database. If you private message me I can arrange to email them to you if your are interested. Alternately you can go into any Chicago Public Library or visit their website and you can access them yourself throught the "Chicago Tribune Historical Archive" (you must have a valid library card to access from home).

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact