Building At 241 W. Cermak
It's obviously overshadowed by the On Leong building around the corner, but the building that makes up several addresses at about 241 W. Cermak obviously has some significance.
There are bands of terra cotta shaped like a dragon surrounding the windows and the cornice has more terra cotta with what looks like cypress tress on it. One part of the facade has lion heads that look like they used to hold stanchions for a canopy or marquee of some sort.
Here it was in 1916:
Polks Directory gave one of the addresses as offices for a newspaper, and the Quong Yuen Sing Kee store operated out of one or more of the storefronts.
Anyone have any more input on this building?