DRIFTWOOD STEAKHOUSE 43RD PULASKI

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
DRIFTWOOD STEAKHOUSE 43RD PULASKI
Posted by: RON K. ()
Date: May 31, 2014 11:20PM

Good times there. and they owned The Red Barrel on Archer ave also.. wonder what my old gal friend Lynn is doing now..{the owners daughter.} good times. and a good steak.RON K.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: DRIFTWOOD STEAKHOUSE 43RD PULASKI
Date: June 02, 2014 09:30AM

[b]Are the buildings still there? I used to go to both of them.[/b]

AD:

Date: June 02, 2014 04:57PM

I was told both long gone.my brother still lives back in Chicago.too many changes and all for the bad.RON K.

AD:

Posted by: mikbasile ()
Date: June 03, 2014 01:35AM

I went to Currie High School, From 1973 to 1976 ,It opened in 1973,I transferred from Gage Park H.S. I remember that a lot of kids worked at Driftwood and The Red Barrel, after school,as bus boys or waitresses. I met a guy, back then, who worked at Midtown Ignition behind Mt. Pindos Restaurent ,through the schools work program. He was a older student, who had dropped out,but re enrolled. We became friends,and would talk about cars ,during music class. Back in 1973, Happy Days was a new T V show, But this guy was the real Fonzie.

AD:

Date: June 03, 2014 05:10PM

I know the place you are talking about very well. they also did work for airway Lincoln, which was a few blocks from St Bruno's.

my brother and sister both went to Currie,then my sister later went to Lourdes.

the gang I hung with Edwards boy's are mostly all gone now.or are getting really old. ut still fun times and good memories, heck even some of the bad times compared to today seem good. RON K.

AD:

Posted by: SWEDE ()
Date: May 12, 2015 01:36AM

Back in the 50's and 60's we lived across the street from Lourdes on Komensky. We also went to Driftwood. Good food.

AD:

Posted by: mikbasile ()
Date: May 13, 2015 09:34PM

Do you remember when the band Styx played at Lourdes high school ? We thought we would be able to sneak in,a side door, but it was blocked by a piano,with a Nun siting on it .We never got in,proubley spent the night cruising around Marquette Park.

AD:

Posted by: SWEDE ()
Date: May 14, 2015 12:17AM

I went to many dances at Lourdes, however, I graduated from Rita in 63. Not sure if Styx was around then. Marquette Park was our hang out back in the 60's, either for sports, golf, fishing or date night after the drive in until the cops would chase us out.

AD:

Posted by: rjmachon ()
Date: May 20, 2015 06:44PM

The band Styx has been around since the mid 1960's. There were called Tradewinds, then TW4 in 1966, They changed their name in 1972 to Styx. They use play alot in the mid 1960's and early 1970's doing gigs at high schools and frat parties. I saw them at Loyola University in 1975. That was the first time I heard the song "Lorelei" and "Lady".

Lorelei/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srEP-vvhTvY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2015 06:49PM by rjmachon.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact