Gangster tours

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Gangster tours
Posted by: Johanna ()
Date: December 23, 2013 10:43AM

Hi!

I am doing some research on historical gangster hangouts and came across some very commercial looking tours one can take in Chicago. Are any of them any good? Are there any "forgotten" spots that I should look into?

Thanks in advance for any input! :)

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Gangster tours
Posted by: davem60612 ()
Date: December 26, 2013 03:00AM

Just a funny asside about the gangster tours. For years I lived 2 houses over from a VERY well known guy, his family still owned and lived in the house. One summer, on a daily basis, a tour bus pulled up and made a bunch of noise in front of this house. This didn't sit well with the family, they would go out and yell at the driver and swear that they would get rid of the tour. After 2 weeks, the daily tour bus was no more. Someone called someone who knew someone...lol.

AD:

Posted by: RON K. ()
Date: June 02, 2014 05:03PM

I did the Quotable Al Capone in 1990,when I had the Chicago Typewriter Company in Crestwood. good times, look up Richard Crowe gangster ghost hunter,fun times

RON K.

AD:

Posted by: Chicago Visitor ()
Date: October 01, 2014 06:08PM

I know this is an old thread, but i have to add that Adam Selzer is well known on the history. If you have never heard of him here is his website.

www.chicagounbelievable.com

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact