Station Street

Forgotten Chicago Sightings Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Noticed something interesting? Let us know about it! 
Station Street
Posted by: mark (---.illinois.net)
Date: May 14, 2008 04:10PM

Station Street was a 2-block long residential diagonal street that was in the path of the Kennedy Expressway between Fullerton and Western Avenues. Does anyone remember it?

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Station Street
Posted by: Serhii (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 15, 2008 02:58PM

Interesting that it was called Station street, as the closest station to it was at Diversey. Perhaps it refers to an even older station.

AD:

Posted by: RSW (---.MIT.EDU)
Date: November 18, 2008 05:58PM

I know someone who lived on Station Street during the Great Depression. He said he lived in a house near Logan Boulevard that had an English basement. The house backed right onto the mainline of the Chicago & Northwestern railroad. There were no backyards. Across Station Street lived a family named McHugh. Next door was a family named Hanrahan.

AD:

Posted by: softballmom27 (---.geneseo.net)
Date: February 05, 2010 11:59PM

Apparently my g-grandparents lived @ 2509 Station St. for a time--it's the address listed on my gr-grandfather's death certificate. I don't know how long they lived there, but he passed in Aug. 1939. Not sure where 2509 was at--my understanding from the Chicago Hist. Soc. is that portion of it ceased to exist with the construction of the Kennedy.

AD:

Posted by: Richard Stachowski (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 16, 2016 07:56PM

bbt

AD:

Posted by: shekaago (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: January 29, 2016 05:24PM

The old Albert Schiewe coal yard was on Station Street.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact