partial wall ad

Forgotten Chicago Sightings Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Noticed something interesting? Let us know about it! 
partial wall ad
Posted by: craig16 (---.publicisgroupe.com)
Date: February 27, 2008 01:58PM

There's a wall ad that was uncovered during demolition of a building at Randolph east of Franklin. All I can read is "Window Shades"

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: partial wall ad
Posted by: billdolan (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2008 03:51PM

There are also some ghost signs that have appeared since the demolition of the Nortown Theater in the 6300 block of N. Western. One is for a realtor. I'll try to get a pic of it before they build the condos.

http://www.dolanart.com

AD:

Posted by: RiisPark99 (71.239.211.---)
Date: March 05, 2008 09:52PM

Here is a link to a shot I took of a ghost ad. This is for Dad's Root Beer and it is on a wall on a building on Addison Ave just east of Forest Preserve Drive in Chicago.

AD:

Posted by: tomcat630 (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 06, 2008 12:20AM

That Dad's Root Beer ad is from my old 'hood. Remember seeing it all the time when it was 'newer' and took it for granted. Now, I see it and go "oh cool its still there"!

The old Dad's factory has been converted to condos, at Diversey and JFK. At least not torn down!

=================================================

It's Addison Street, by the way. The only north side e-w arterial called 'street' between North Av and Touhy Av, until you get to Howard Street. Who decided calling a street, 'X street' vs 'X avenue' when planning the city??

The lettered streets L-P are avenues, the south side numbered steets are "##th streets/places". The rest of the city is what I call "whatever the city planner decided 100 years ago". Hmm,

AD:

Posted by: Richard Stachowski (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: January 20, 2016 07:27PM

[b]btt[/b]

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact