best chicago southsde pizza

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: best chicago southsde pizza
Posted by: Longford (---.c3-0.arm-ubr1.chi-arm.il.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 07, 2015 06:10PM

The last year of high school (1967), we lived at 47th & Wood, in the Back of the Yards. We lived above a dress shop on 47th St., west of Wood St. Next door to where we lived was a pizza parlor which used reconstituted Polish-grown mushrooms on their pizzas. I loved those cheese & mushroom pizzas and have never since found one to recreate the sensation I felt when eating those mushrooms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2015 06:11PM by Longford.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Posted by: tommy wilson (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: February 19, 2015 05:18AM

I AM GETTING HUNGRY

AD:

Posted by: pamelawinstead (117.247.126.---)
Date: March 05, 2015 05:45AM

Chicagoans take their pizza very seriously. Friendships have been lost and family members disowned in fights over which is better, Gino’s East or Giordano’s?Why dnt they can start a new [url=http://www.writeversity.com]website[/url] to order online.

AD:

Posted by: jd6716 (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 07, 2015 03:24PM

Anyone remember Santucci's on about 6000 s cicero. A parking lot for Midway is there now. Little Joes at 63rd and California. Nick and Vitos at 84th and Pulaski. Palermos is good. Pizzeria Due and Uno have changed, not as good as the70's

AD:

Posted by: Hugh Manatee (107.31.204.---)
Date: March 09, 2015 01:33PM

I do remember Santucci's across from Midway Airport. Good pizza and Italian sausage sandwiches.But does anyone remember Orlando's on 63rd and Knox ? Great pizza cut into bite size squares like Vito and Nicks.The there was Rd's Pizza on 63rd and Komensky. and my all time favorite combo sandwich from Charcoal Pit on 63rd and about Kilpatrick.

AD:

Posted by: Hugh Manatee (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: April 07, 2015 01:53PM

I Ment Ed's Pizza 0n 63rd and Komensky.

AD:

Posted by: SWEDE (---.lightspeed.iplsin.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 07, 2015 11:02PM

Vito & Nicks was good. They use to bring us pizzas at Bullwinkles Lounge on Monday nights back in the Disco days of the 70's.

AD:

Posted by: southwestsiderlaredo (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 08, 2015 02:42AM

we could smell Vito and Nick's from the house on 83rd place. still could if we were back there. before vito and nick, it was a gigantic prairie, buried a collie in the back of vito and nick's in the early 1950's. thanks for the memories

AD:

Posted by: daveg (130.36.62.---)
Date: April 08, 2015 02:01PM

To many it was/is Nick and Vito's and yes I know what the sign says.

It has a better ring to it.

AD:

Posted by: Chi Town Charlie (24.75.146.---)
Date: April 09, 2015 03:23PM

Home Run Inn is the best.

AD:

Posted by: the_mogra (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: April 15, 2015 01:57PM

in the mid-'70s i'd visit and watch movies all night (we were animation fanatics) at the home of a guy named Lyle who was friends w/ my friend Fred. Lyle lived around 59th & Tripp IIRC then, and at midnight he'd order and have pizza delivered there from his favorite s-side place--where else--Giordano's. It was the thick stuffed type and I'd argue with Lyle my favorite on the N-Side was a better stuffed pizza - Guy's (north & pulaski), and fortunately Fred cast the deciding vote for Guy's. I first enjoyed the really thick Guy's stuffed pizza in 1970 (before they 'splintered' and opened up Nancy's in Harwood Heights) thanks to my friend Lou and his Mom.

we all know the first Chicago Magazine pizza article came out about then and really turned the pizza industry on its head

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2015 06:47PM by the_mogra.

AD:

Posted by: Chi Town Charlie (24.75.146.---)
Date: May 25, 2015 09:27PM

Fscott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CHEZDAN'S!!!
> Archer av just south of Kedzie.
> The smell of the cedar wood planks and that dark
> mysterious interior...OMG.
>
> God bless you Chester and Dan

They are now located in HomerGlenn,IL

cedar wood was knotty Cyprus.

AD:

Date: May 25, 2015 11:55PM

Chezdan's had great pizza on Archer Ave. I knew a girl that worked there Kathy Smith back in the 60's.

AD:

Posted by: Eldora (117.247.203.---)
Date: July 04, 2015 04:45AM

I enjoyed your story about Pizza. Thanks for sharing your experience. [url=http://essayexpert.us/coursework-writing-services.html]Coursework writing services[/url] supports customers for creating great articles.

AD:

Posted by: Ed J (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: July 17, 2015 05:28PM

Chesdans on Archer near Kedzie was our hangout. My Aunt and Uncle owned a place called An-Jeans on west Archer Ave. They lived in the back in an apartment. When I was going to Kelly High School in the mid/early 50's - I worked at the place one summer. I had the tough job of sliding cooked pizzas in the take out bag and stapling the ends shut. LOL. They sold a tremendous number of pies over the weekend and they were great tasting. They had a long bar serving drinks and beer and a lot of tables and booths. On a Friday or Saturday night there was always a full house and a waiting line. Brings back warm memories.

AD:

Posted by: mogee (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 25, 2015 11:14PM

Como's Pizza on 49th s Ashland was really good.

AD:

Posted by: Anonymous User (77.123.86.---)
Date: December 24, 2015 05:39AM

[url=http://www.perfectessaysonline.com]Term papers[/url] becomes the preferred tools used in the formal education system, to evaluate stusents' comprehension, and determine their mastery of subject material. They can also be utilized to impove a student's writing ability, while measuring their aptitude on any particular subject!

AD:

Posted by: Jeff_Weiner (---.sub-70-194-98.myvzw.com)
Date: December 24, 2015 02:11PM

Spam is not an acceptable pizza topping.

AD:

Date: December 27, 2015 12:49AM

Vito & Nicks was good. They use to bring us pizzas at Bullwinkles Lounge on Monday nights back in the Disco days of the 70's.

AD:

Date: December 27, 2015 12:52AM

Vito & Nicks is the best. They use to bring us pizzas at Bullwinkles Lounge on Monday nights back in the Disco days of the 70's.

AD:

Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact