New activity on old Dunning Line on Fullerton 5/20/12-now

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
New activity on old Dunning Line on Fullerton 5/20/12-now
Posted by: CrazyIvan25 (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: May 24, 2012 01:37PM

Hi folks!
I was riding by the Dunning Line on Sunday May 20th, by the Brickyard on the NW Side of Chicago, on Fullerton, and as I looked south down the old line I saw a sight never before seen (to me). An entire line of work-train cars lined up on the track from Fullerton all the way down to the main branch where it splits off. Right behind the PetSmart and the Davies Supply.

I'll try to get some pics before they are gone, but did anyone else see this, or know why they decided to park this line of work-cars here? I only once maybe 15+ years ago saw an actual train on the Dunning Line next to the Brickyard when it was active, but this is the first time since then I have seen ANY activity. Especially these work cars. It is so cool to see them there!

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: New activity on old Dunning Line on Fullerton 5/20/12-now
Posted by: Business7007 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2013 12:09AM

Sounds like a work train off the main line pulled into the remaining Dunning Line trackage to get it out of the way. I doubt there is any plan to do work on what remains of the Dunning trackage.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact