brighton park

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
brighton park
Posted by: trainfan1970s (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 23, 2011 04:37AM

Just learned about this site and found some awesome stories. I was going through the old neighborhood 'brighton park' and was telling my son about the past. I remember when there was a texaco gas station by budweiser on 48th and California. I also remember that in the mid to late 90s, part of the old campbell soup building burned down behind the gas station which is now a speedway formerly a martin. Does anybody remember the budweiser sign behind that gas station that was an advertisement to stevenson inbound 55 traffic? im looking for any brighton park photos in the 70s. please help

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: brighton park
Posted by: bowler (---.chipublib.org)
Date: December 23, 2011 12:31PM

The Facebook Sites for the various Chicago neighborhoods are great for this. I checked out the Brighton Park one and it seems to be quite active. People frequently post pictures and you can ask very specific neighborhood questions and get good responses. You can often view the content without signing up for Facebook but you'd have to join to post questions etc:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/136284005270/

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact