Washburne Trade School

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Washburne Trade School
Posted by: rquisenb (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: March 02, 2008 08:49PM

1) A followup concerning the ForgottenChicago posting of the Washburne Trade School.
Does anyone know the name of the Chicago Public Schools school for delinquent boys that I believe was located in the former Washburne Trade School building at Division and Sedgewick.
2) I believe that the original Lane Tech High School was located in this Division and Sedgewick building, and that Washburne Trade School took over the building when Lane Tech moved to their present campus on Addison. I don't think this was mentioned in the ForgottenChicago item.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Washburne Trade School
Posted by: slowforty (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 09, 2008 04:43AM

at this time the building is being torn down

AD:

Posted by: celticjunker1 (76.29.96.---)
Date: April 08, 2008 05:30AM

Was it Montefiore??? I remember lots of jokes about it. And my mother screaming it at me. "If you're late for school, they'll put you in MONTEFIORE!!!!"

AD:

Posted by: hipoldguy (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: April 08, 2008 10:28PM

Montefiore is where they sent you if you relly messed up. If you graduated from Montefiore your diploma had the name of the school that you came from, not Montefiore. A diploma from there would be like a diploma from Joliet!

AD:

Posted by: greatzambo (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: May 31, 2010 11:45AM

The boys were threatened with Montefiore and the girls with Lucy Flower. The residence home for "juvenile delinquents" was The Audy Home.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact