TumbleTots

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
TumbleTots
Posted by: Cragin Spring (---.dhcp.ftbg.wi.charter.com)
Date: January 27, 2015 02:01AM

Has anyone ever heard of a factory around Grand & Homan that made children clothing? It was called either Tumble Tots or as my great aunt who worked there pronounced it Tumble Togs. Anyone know where exactly where the factory was located? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: TumbleTots
Posted by: gman (---.sfltd.com)
Date: January 27, 2015 10:23AM

Tumble Togs makes sense as it refers to clothes.

AD:

Posted by: bowler (---.chipublib.org)
Date: January 29, 2015 06:50PM

The brand name is apparently "Tumbl Togs". I've found many ads with them for sale but can't pin down where they were made. There is a link to the patent for "Tumbl Togs" but it can only be accessed by subscription:

http://www.mocavo.com/Index-of-Patents-Issued-From-the-United-States-Patent-Office-1956-Volume-Index-1956/932107/666

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 06:51PM by bowler.

AD:

Posted by: PKDickman (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 29, 2015 07:48PM

I scanned the want ads and came up with two addresses, but neither is near grand

2451 N Sacramento Ave 1940s and 1950s
2075 N Campbell 1960s

Both are near Milwaukee

AD:

Posted by: Cragin Spring (---.dhcp.ftbg.wi.charter.com)
Date: January 30, 2015 12:40AM

Thanks all for the information. I will check out all the information that you all provided. I do remember her telling me the day of the Our Lady of Angels fire all employees were wondering what was going on with all the sirens. She told me it was a sound she couldn't get out of her mind.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact