Chicago Hotel? Need help identifying this building

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Chicago Hotel? Need help identifying this building
Posted by: arrowguy (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: June 20, 2013 11:50PM

Hello, I have been looking on the web for a forum where I could ask this. I am trying to find out if the hotel shown in these photos was (or still is) in Chicago. This was featured in a 1985 episode of Knight Rider during one of two times the show was filmed there. I have checked many of the streets around the 433 address in all directions on Google and Bing and I do not see anything close. Granted it could no longer exist, or in the case of many shows, could actually be a hotel in California that was convenient for them to shoot. Also note the night shot and what appears to be the Board of Trade building in the background right, in maybe an East or West view? Any help is appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Chicago Hotel? Need help identifying this building
Posted by: Jeff_Weiner (---.sub-75-205-57.myvzw.com)
Date: June 21, 2013 12:49AM

There were no street lights like the ones in the night scene in Chicago at the time the Knight Rider episode was produced, so I suspect that this was shot somewhere other than Chicago.

AD:

Date: June 21, 2013 04:47AM

Ok, thank you for your input!

Edit- just found it. 433 South Spring St, Los Angeles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2013 04:58AM by arrowguy.

AD:

Posted by: Mr Downtown (---.c3-0.drb-ubr1.chi-drb.il.cable.rcn.com)
Date: June 21, 2013 12:48PM

Any time you see those type of street trees, it's LA.

AD:

Date: June 22, 2013 01:04AM

Thanks guys. I am one of many owners of replica Trans Ams from the show and an interactive map was recently created with markers for replica owners and shooting locations. We are just trying to add as many markers as we can.

I also have a strong interest in Chicago area railroads and amusement park history. I look forward to checking out more on this site. Hopefully there are threads on the rail stations that were lost. Chicago sure had some wonderful stations.

AD:

Posted by: tomcat630 (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 23, 2013 04:47AM

The "Board of Trade" in the pic is actually LA City Hall.

AD:

Posted by: BJButtons (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 27, 2013 12:18AM

Here is a set of Knight Rider pictures I took back in 85 with my trusty Pentax K1000 35 MM film camera when they were here to film the 2 hour season opener that introduced RC3 as a cast member. http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjbuttons/sets/72157626837840618/
Also as far as Chicago RR's you may want to look at my Flickr page. I do get out from time to time and take pictures of the trains around Chicago, Mostly West Southwest and Northern Indiaia http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjbuttons/sets/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2013 12:25AM by BJButtons.

AD:

Posted by: Greenough (---.krypt.com)
Date: July 13, 2013 03:43AM

The prior PKRI occasion we all held was obviously a great success along with 60,Thousand participants taking part and that we wish to defeat that.

[url=http://www.mmorsgp.com]cheapest rs gold[/url]
[url=http://www.mmorsgp.com/Runescape-Rs3-gold.html]runescape power leveling[/url]

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact