Massacre at car dealership in 1970 or 71

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Massacre at car dealership in 1970 or 71
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 09, 2015 03:08PM

I'm trying to find any information about a massacre of employees at an auto sales agency in either the summer of 1970 or 1971. If I remember correctly 6 or 7 people were shotgunned to death by two or three men during a robbery. Thanks for your assistance

Jerry

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Massacre at car dealership in 1970 or 71
Posted by: Dunning1 ()
Date: October 09, 2015 05:19PM

My memory is really foggy on this, but wasn't there some kind of shooting at Foreman Motors on Fullerton, just east of Cicero? They used to specialize in used Cadillacs and I remember something like that going on. I believe his son in law is Howard Orloff, and he changed the dealership over to Volvo, and later the current Jaguar dealer on North and the Kennedy Expy.

AD:

Posted by: Dunning1 ()
Date: October 09, 2015 07:26PM

Right name, almost, wrong spelling and address...
Found this in the Chicago Tribune Archives of January 6, 1966.

Murder at Fohrman Motors, 2700 W. Madison St., killed were Sidney Fohrman, 49 of 9494 Hamlin, Skokie, Ed Fohrman, 910 N. Lake Shore Drive, and Albert Sizer, of 777 N. Michigan Avenue. They were alledgedly shot by Donald D. Jackson of 208 W. 94th St., who was sold a defective 1963 Cadillac by the dealership. Apparantly Jackson was killed at the scene by police.

AD:

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 10, 2015 03:19AM

I remember the one you're talking about but it isn't the one I'm referring to. I was working at Toyota on Western at the time so it had to be in 70 0r 71. I was almost their second hit but it didn't turn out to well for them.

Jerry

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact