Old buisnesses

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Old buisnesses
Date: March 20, 2012 11:44PM

[b]Anybody familiar with Leo's Castle that was at 1724 w. 51st st back in the 60's or Rex TV Service at 60th & south Pulaski? Or have you ever used Rex TV.[/b]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2012 11:46PM by Richard Stachowski.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Old buisnesses
Posted by: Dunning1 ()
Date: April 03, 2012 04:21PM

I am not personally familiar with Leo's Castle, but I believe it was owned by the grandfather of a friend of mine, Lee Roupas. He was named after his grandfather. I believe his grandfather also made some bouzoki (Greek guitar) records. Lee's grandfather died quite a few years ago, and his grandmother died maybe six or seven years ago. Lee is currently a personal trainer, and he has a website under his name. He also has a cousin with the same name who is involved in politics. Hope this helps you.

AD:

Date: April 03, 2012 06:04PM

[b]Yes we know the same ones. I palled with Teddy Roupas and also Gus who I think still ownes the Patio on about 94th & Harlem ave. I would like to look some of them up that are still alive. I am 75 years old and knew them in the 50's.[/b]

AD:

Date: April 03, 2012 11:05PM

Dunning1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not personally familiar with Leo's Castle,
> but I believe it was owned by the grandfather of a
> friend of mine, Lee Roupas. He was named after
> his grandfather. I believe his grandfather also
> made some bouzoki (Greek guitar) records. Lee's
> grandfather died quite a few years ago, and his
> grandmother died maybe six or seven years ago.
> Lee is currently a personal trainer, and he has a
> website under his name. He also has a cousin with
> the same name who is involved in politics. Hope
> this helps you.

Yes it does help and I am going to look up Leo's grandkids. Leo had a hod dog stand a 51st and Wolcott and when he moved down the street our family took over that spot. We used to help each other like if one of us ran out of dogs or buns we would lend our stuff to each other. We were friends back in the 50's.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact