Petite Lounge, North Ave. & LaSalle
Petite Lounge, North Ave. & LaSalle
Posted by: WayOutWardell ()
Date: May 08, 2014 11:00PM

Before it became a crappy Burger King, there was a bar on the SW corner of LaSalle and North that may have been called the Petite Lounge. Could one of you wonderful people with access to an old phone book (ca. 1965) perhaps confirm?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Petite Lounge, North Ave. & LaSalle
Posted by: nordsider ()
Date: May 09, 2014 10:35AM

The Google Street View shows a Shell station on the Southwest corner. And although I don't remember the Petite Lounge from my past, I do remember a bait shop in the 1940s that was located on North Avenue just west of the old building at the SW corner and a narrow alley-way that can still be seen in the Google view. That location brought back the memoriess of my father stopping at the bait shop on our way to the lake to fish. And also at that time, once seeing a 3-wheeled convertible car parked outside of possibly a bar at the Southeast corner of LaSalle and North Avenue.

Posted by: davey7 ()
Date: May 09, 2014 05:38PM

Isn't the gas station on the northwest corner?

Date: May 09, 2014 06:19PM

davey7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't the gas station on the northwest corner?

My error. The Google View of the Shell station is on the Northeast corner; the station where, to my embarrassment, in the mid 60s, I had to buy a container of gasoline when my car ran out of gas. ;-). The Fifth - Third Bank now occupies the Southwest corner, and where Google View shows the alley-way on North Avenue just west the old building on the corner.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2014 07:31PM by nordsider.

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2014 06:43PM by nordsider.

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2014 06:44PM by nordsider.

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2014 06:45PM by nordsider.

Posted by: zorchvalve ()
Date: July 11, 2014 10:08PM

I think that there was a tamale stand on the south side of north ave. on the west side of the alley.

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact