Info on restaurants inc. Tijuana Taco?
Info on restaurants inc. Tijuana Taco?
Posted by: QlassiQue (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 12:54AM

For our upcoming FC175 event, Forgotten Chicago is researching long-gone Chicagoland restaurant chains. Does anyone have any memories (good or bad) from the following? We are interested in the location, food, quality, décor, etc. of the chains below:

• Tijuana Taco
• Here’s Johnny
• Beef & Barrel
• 3 Bears
• E. A. & T. Junction (railroad themed eatery)

Thanks! The FC175 Team

Re: Info on restaurants inc. Tijuana Taco?
Posted by: rjmachon (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 07:23PM

Can anyone tell me where these restaurants were located? I can't remember anything about these places. I grew up and lived on the north and west side of Chicago and these places draw a blank to me. The 3 Bears, was that on Clark Street south of Devon Ave.

Re: Info on restaurants inc. Tijuana Taco?
Posted by: QlassiQue (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 12, 2012 10:54PM

Thanks for any help you are able to provide:

• Tijuana Taco was announced as having locations at 320 St. Charles Road in Villa Park; Halsted & 112th Street in Chicago, 156th and Dixie Highway in Harvey, and Ogden and Western near Downers Grove. The Tijuana office was listed at 120 E. Ogden in Hinsdale.
• Here’s Johnny was announced for Milwaukee Avenue in Niles (no address given)
• The first Beef & Barrel was listed at East Algonquin and Hammond Lane in Schaumburg
• The first 3 Bears was at 5035 North Lincoln
• E. A. & T Junction featured old-timey railroad nostalgia; no specific address were given, but locations were listed in Northbrook, Lombard, Villa Park, Wheeling, Oak Brook, Matteson and Carol Stream.

Thanks!

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact