Re: Old schools
Date: November 24, 2014 07:50PM
In the late 1940s, the large empty cider covered lot across from Arnold School - the former location of the Uhlich Evangelical Lutheran Orphan Asylum - was transformed into the Bauler playlot; named after the Forty-third alderman Mathias (Paddy) Bauler
The Uhlich Orphan home at the northwest corner at Armitage and Burling, was built in 1872, and existed until 1928. Perhaps, some of the kids at the orphanage attended, Arnold, built in 1884.
The Forth of July at the Uhlich Home. 1926
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2014 07:49AM by nordsider.