Garden on a bun

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Garden on a bun
Posted by: Vern H ()
Date: December 25, 2010 02:10PM

My brother-in-law and I were talking Xmas Eve and this hot dog place came up. Both of us can't remember where it is (or was?) All we know is it was on the NW side, probably near Addison/Harlem.

Can anyone help us out?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Garden on a bun
Posted by: MIKETOUHY ()
Date: December 25, 2010 06:59PM

It's still there but I don't remember the name.

AD:

Posted by: Chipast ()
Date: December 25, 2010 07:23PM

Franksville. And there was one at the NW corner of Clark & Addison, Long ago.

AD:

Date: December 26, 2010 05:30AM

The name of the hot dog place was Garden on a bun. We can't remember the location.

AD:

Posted by: HOLTANEK ()
Date: December 30, 2010 08:20PM

Garden on a Bun was on the west side of Harlem about a half block north of Belmont. They used to put lettuce and other stuff on the dogs and they were great. Actually, it was where Taco Burrito King is now. Hey, here's one, remember the little stand on Belmont 1 block west of harlem called "like young"? They had the BEST stoner food!! They eventually moved to about a half block east of Harlem into a newer place, then disappeared. Any questions about the area...I'm the king!

AD:

Posted by: HOLTANEK ()
Date: December 30, 2010 08:21PM

And then there was the little dog hut on Harlem north of Addison called "our dogs make friends".

AD:

Date: December 31, 2010 03:14AM

Thanks for the info about the hot dog place. I remember both Like Young and the Our Dogs place too. You're right about Like Young having good stoner food, I don't think I ever went in there straight. Of course this was many years ago, I don't do any of that anymore. White Castle @ Belmont/Harlem was like that too. Late Friday or Saturday night, it seemed everyone in there was under the influence of something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 03:15AM by Vern H.

AD:

Posted by: caroljakobs ()
Date: January 25, 2011 05:31PM

Our dogs make friends was in a trailer. Too bad they are gone now. Does anyone have a picture of it?

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact