Candy Factory

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Candy Factory
Posted by: backwardk4501 ()
Date: December 25, 2010 01:03AM

There was a candy factory around 25th/26th & Princeton.....what was the name of this place? I have no clue or recollection on it, I am inquiring for my father. They moved from the neighborhood in the early 50's and it was there at this time. I am not sure how long it was there after that.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Candy Factory
Posted by: SWEDE ()
Date: January 27, 2016 01:04AM

Not sure what candy company was on 25th & Princeton, however, my mother worked at World's Finest Chocolate on 48th & Lawndale after my dad died in 1970. She worked there for almost 15 years and the owner asked her why she is retiring and he said that he still works and he was in his upper 80's. My Mom answered and said it's time and well I start work at 6:30 am and work to 3 or 4pm and your limo driver drops you off at 11am and you say hi to all the girls and leave at noon.

It's nice to be the owner LOL. Mom loved working there,plus all the chocolate if you wanted.

AD:

Date: January 27, 2016 12:11PM

btt

AD:

Posted by: SWEDE ()
Date: January 28, 2016 01:43AM

Mom use to bring home bags of coco chips that she bought to spread in our garden. It smelled delicious and it kept the weeds from growing.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact