Slotkawski Sausge

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Slotkawski Sausge
Posted by: peterclau ()
Date: November 18, 2010 10:21AM

I remeber a Polish sausage company excuss my spelling I think it was called Stotkawski Polish Sausage. I remeber going into their plant off the street and getting a hot sausage link. Are they still in buiness? I beleive the owner was Leanord Stotkawski?? Their meats were the best!

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Slotkawski Sausge
Posted by: shekaago ()
Date: November 18, 2010 12:55PM

There is some information on the web about the Slotkowski Sausage Comapny and I found the following Tribune article on Leonard Sr.

[url=http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2000-01-16/news/0001160243_1_polish-sausage-meats-hot-dogs]Leonard Slotkowski[/url]

AD:

Posted by: daveg ()
Date: November 18, 2010 04:50PM

Slotkowski, the company, is no more. They were purchased but still live on:

http://atkfoods.com/brands/slotkowski/

ATK is Chicago based.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2010 04:55PM by daveg.

AD:

Posted by: tseals ()
Date: November 19, 2010 02:05AM

The factory on 18th Street is no more. In 1995, the police seized one metric Ton of cannabis, worth over $10 million dollars, from there, delivered from Mexico and disrupted a drug cartel's operations -for a while.

AD:

Posted by: Dunning1 ()
Date: January 05, 2012 03:45PM

I remember that Leonard Slotkowski of the Slotkowski Polish Sausage family was a history teacher at Gordon Tech back in the 1960's. I guess the children of the founder were not interested in continuing the company. I believe the name was sold to Leon's Packing Co. on Lake Street. Remember the small advertising signs on the back of the CTA buses that advertised Slotkowski Sausage or B & M Baked Beans?

AD:

Posted by: tommy wilson ()
Date: January 04, 2013 11:21AM

SLOTKOWSKI WAS A MAJOR SPONSER OF CHICAGO"S LATE AND GREAT SIG SACKOWWICZ
SIG SPENT HIS LAST YEARS IN LAS VEGAS NEVADA HE HAD A 15 MIN RADIO SHOW AT THE END OF HIS CARRER. HE STILL WAS A SHOW CRIDIC AT THAT TIME. SIG WAS FROM NORTH AVE AND DAMEN AREA IN CHICAGO HIS PARENTS HAD A SALOON BUT SIG NEVER DRANK

AD:

Posted by: Bill_Baar ()
Date: January 04, 2013 01:45PM

I remember their float in the St Pat's Day Parade. They billed themselves "The Irishmen's favorite Polish sausage".

AD:

Posted by: GoodStew ()
Date: June 24, 2014 12:42AM

I thought Sliz's sausage on 43rd and Archer was better.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact