Franklyn MacCormack

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Franklyn MacCormack
Posted by: Dunning1 ()
Date: July 07, 2015 06:48PM

I have to admit that I like to visit cemeteries, and like to visit the graves of notable people from my youth. I grew up listening to Franklyn MacCormack, and remember the night he had a heart attack on the air back in 1971. It took a while to find out that he lived in Forest Lake, IL, (and it even took some time to find out where Forest Lake is! It's a section of Lake Zurich). Does anyone know where he is buried? The Chicago Tribune obit simply states internment was private and he doesn't appear in any other database. He's not in Find A Grave, and I can't find any obit for his wife, Barbara Carlson, who used to be his secretary. If anyone has stumbled across his grave, I'd love to know where he's buried to at least drop off some flowers some day.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Franklyn MacCormack
Posted by: WayOutWardell ()
Date: July 08, 2015 01:55AM

Haven't found the grave, but I looked at the 1971 obituary...holy cow, they took from the WGN Studios on Bradley all the way over to Loretto Hospital when he had his heart attack? That's over 10 miles!

AD:

Re: Franklyn MacCormack
Posted by: SWEDE ()
Date: July 09, 2015 12:32AM

I went to Lewis College in Lockport IL.from 63 to 67 and a bunch of us guys would listen to Franklyn for his words of wisdom and love poems. Didn't know that he passed away years late.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact