Two New Ebooks out referencing Chicago Locations

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Two New Ebooks out referencing Chicago Locations
Posted by: mishadoc ()
Date: December 16, 2014 12:42PM

Two books have come out referencing Chicago areas and history, although I don't think they are actual history books. One is "The Apocalypse According to Max" and the other is "Chicago Sketches. Both by the same author, Michelle Ende' on Kindle, maybe other places too.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Two New Ebooks out referencing Chicago Locations
Posted by: nordsider ()
Date: December 17, 2014 10:46AM

Thank you for information on the Chicago books and their interesting author.

Her bio:

"Michelle Ende’ was born in Chicago in 1955 to two second generation Americans, whose ancestry is traceable to Romania and Bulgaria. Michelle Ende’ began her studies in piano and organ at the age of seven at Hoffman Studios in Chicago. She continued her training in Theater Organ style with the late Al Melgard. Dr. Ende’ was trained in Orchestration, Harmony, Theory, and Composition at the Lane Preparatory School in Chicago and continued her studies in classical pipe organ technique at Sherwood Conservatory of Music. Dr. Ende’ holds a Doctoral degree from the University of Sarasota in International Economics and Finance, with an MBA in general management. Dr. Ende’ has been composing since the age of sixteen, but her greatest body of work has been in the last ten years."

I see that she was "trained in Orchestration, Harmony, Theory, and Composition at the Lane Preparatory School in Chicago," and wonder if it was at Lane Tech, my old high school.

An interesting woman.

AD:

Posted by: mishadoc ()
Date: December 17, 2014 04:04PM

I believe it was Lane Tech at the time she went. When I called her (as she is a close friend of mine) she relayed two names to me; George Rico and Louis Frasca. She said that in 1972 - 1973, they were in charge, respectively, of Chorus and Orchestra. Does that ring any bells with you? I went to Gordon Tech, so I don't know who Ms. Ende's talking about.

AD:

Posted by: nordsider ()
Date: December 17, 2014 04:31PM

mishadoc,

I graduated from LT in '56, and two names are unfamiliar to me.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact