RESTAURANTS ON SOUTH 63RD STREET

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
RESTAURANTS ON SOUTH 63RD STREET
Posted by: lorianej ()
Date: March 14, 2012 03:09PM

Could anyone tell me the name of the 2 restaurants that use to be on 63rd street between Central and Oak Park Ave? I believe one had the name Warsaw in it. They were almost directly across the street from each other. The one I'm really interested in was on the south side of 63rd st.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: RESTAURANTS ON SOUTH 63RD STREET
Posted by: WayOutWardell ()
Date: March 14, 2012 04:49PM

*duplicate post*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 04:54PM by WayOutWardell.

AD:

Posted by: WayOutWardell ()
Date: March 14, 2012 04:51PM

Are you thinking of Sharko's? My mom used to order a pan of their kugelis for the holidays. Old Warsaw was across the street; it's now called New Warsaw.

AD:

Posted by: lorianej ()
Date: March 14, 2012 06:23PM

I do believe that's it. Thank you so much!

AD:

Posted by: jak378 ()
Date: March 14, 2012 06:36PM

In the post on theother forum, I called it Warsaw House. You are correct, it was Old Warsaw

AD:

Posted by: Steve B. ()
Date: April 03, 2012 06:23PM

Old Warsaw was on the north side of 63rd Street. Sharko's, across the street, was actually called "Sharko's West". They had another location on Ashland Avenue called "Sharo's East" run by a family member. "Sharko's West" may have trimmed the name to "Sharko's" after the Ashland Avenue location closed. I wonder if Sharko's West made any kugelis, which is a Lithuanian dish, since they were an Italian restaurant. But maybe they did since they were very close to the Lithuanian neighborhood near Marquette Park.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact