Lewis Memorial Hospital

Questions and Answers (Q&A) Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Have a question about a specific element in Chicago's history? Ask Away! 
Lewis Memorial Hospital
Posted by: smoss53 ()
Date: July 30, 2013 03:00PM

Hello to anyone that might be able to help me. I am trying to find out some information for my husband. He was born at Lewis Memorial Hospital in 1953. His mother was unmarried and she passed away. We know when he was born, however, we found out that she had another child before him, and we are attempting to try to locate some information on the birth that she had before him. From what we know, she gave the baby up for adoption, that is all we know. Trying to find a way to locate the birth of the child she had before him, and we are pretty certain that child was also born at Lewis Memorial Hospital.If there is anyone out there that could possibly help me, I would greatly appreciate it. We know that my mother-in-law was 18 when she had my husband, however, she was probably around 16 or 17, when she had her 1st child.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Lewis Memorial Hospital
Date: July 30, 2013 04:48PM

[b]That was a Catholic hospital at 30th and Michigan ave. Get in touch with the Catholic Archdiosis they should be able to help you.[/b]

AD:

Posted by: daveg ()
Date: July 31, 2013 01:02PM

smoss53

There have been a few threads related to Lewis Memorial here. One linked here and others available with the search option. Might help.

http://forgottenchicago.com/forum/5/3593/3611/re__lewis_memorial_maternity_hospital#msg-3611

AD:

Posted by: GraceMarie ()
Date: June 04, 2014 12:43PM

smoss53

My brother was born at Lewis Memorial on June 21, 1950.He was told that his mother was young. He also knows that her name was Patricia Schaffer (Not sure of the spelling because different documents have it spelled differently.) Is this your husband's mother?

AD:

Posted by: nordsider ()
Date: January 27, 2015 10:25AM

This may be helpful, for research

Adoption Research, at the Newberry Library:

http://www.newberry.org/adoption-research

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact