Land O Sweets
Land O Sweets
Posted by: skanado ()
Date: April 01, 2013 04:35PM

Does anyone remember a candy store on the North side named Land O Sweets? I remember often riding past the store in my parents car when I was very young and wanting to stop and go in. I never had the chance. Can anyone tell me what it was like?

Re: Land O Sweets
Posted by: ChiTownJim ()
Date: April 01, 2013 07:39PM

I remember a Land O Sweets on Fullerton Ave near Kostner.We used to stop there when we visited a friend at the gas station across the street.One of my main memories of the store is that they used to sell salt water taffy and you can sometimes watch it being made.
If I remember correctly, the owner died in a plane accident around 1984 and the store closed shortly thereafter.

Posted by: LA ()
Date: April 23, 2013 12:18PM

Wow, does this bring back memories. I grew up less than a mile from that store. My dad bought chocolates for my Mom there, and what chocolates they were! Still the best I have ever tasted. My Mom's favorite--and mine--was the assortment of chocolate-covered nuts. Almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, and more drenched in the most delicious milk and dark chocolate. Just thinking about it, I can taste the richness and flavor. Nothing I've tasted since comes close. I always wondered why the store closed. It was a loss for Chicago.

Posted by: the_mogra ()
Date: April 22, 2015 01:13PM

Land 'O Sweets was on the south-side of Fullerton a block or less east of Kostner. A big place too, endless chocolate. And I never knew of the owners tragic end, but 1984 was probably the last time me and my first wife went there

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact