Gluts Pet Shop on Central south of Belmont
Gluts Pet Shop on Central south of Belmont
Posted by: SofaKingSweet ()
Date: February 07, 2013 03:10AM

I vagely remember a Pet Shop on Central called Gluts, I believe it was on the west side of the street.When did they close?

Re: Gluts Pet Shop on Central south of Belmont
Posted by: the_mogra ()
Date: May 05, 2015 05:46PM

I should know precisely when Gluts closed since I went there so often living in the neighborhood but, I don't. 1998 isn't a bad guess though. The old man who ran it passed on and for a few years his daughter kept it open, even expanding the store area towards the back. The store was known for, among other things, its extensive Cryptocoryne Balansae tank flora

Posted by: CrustyB ()
Date: May 06, 2015 01:33PM

I remember going in there once in the 70s after the owner had a monkey stolen from the shop. He showed us the pair of snips used to break in. The robbers gave the monkey back after it got diarrhea from being fed nothing but bananas and their apartment became...well...messy.

Posted by: WayOutWardell ()
Date: May 06, 2015 02:45PM

I believe one of the family members is Don Glut, now a successful science fiction writer, filmmaker and at one time, bass player in a band out of Los Angeles called Penny Arkade that was produced by Mike Nesmith of The Monkees.

Posted by: the_mogra ()
Date: May 06, 2015 06:01PM

yes the old store owner was Don's uncle

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact