Article on Bloomingdale Line Awesome, A suggestion for another possible little known line?

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Article on Bloomingdale Line Awesome, A suggestion for another possible little known line?
Posted by: CrazyIvan25 (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: May 08, 2012 04:45PM

Well I just want to give kudos to thevery well written and very interesting article on the Bloomingdale Line, as it answered quite a few questions, and it peaked my interests quite a bit into the history of the line. It was very informative and just all around, what I came to love about this website.

I have a couple of suggestions or requests, if it is allright......

Would it be possible if someone could do an article about the long forgotten railroad line that used to travel down Sunnyside Ave up on the N/NW side of Chicago from Hutchinson St, up to Cullom, across Montrose, and then to Sunnyside, westbound on Sunnyside,to Forest Preserve Dirve, all the way to Franklin Park? I saw maps of it and how it used to run, but, it is so hard to find any solid information on it, at least with the sources I have at my disposal (being the internet, lol). About all I got from the maps is that it was part of the B&O CT RailRoad.

Also maybe a short article on the Dunning Line? I have seen some of the info on it on the web, and I have seen some good things posted by fellow comrades here on Forgotten Chicago, but it would be nice to see a more comprehensive look at the line, and if possible, more pictures. I know I know its asking a lot. But, just making a suggestion! :)

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Article on Bloomingdale Line Awesome, A suggestion for another possible little known line?
Posted by: CrazyIvan25 (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: May 08, 2012 04:47PM

Here are some maps the show the line:

[url=http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/su/maps/chi1900/G4104-C6P3-1911-C4.html]Map of Chicago RR 1910s[/url]

[url=http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/su/maps/chi1900/G4104-C6P3-1904-T3-N.html]Map 1904 RR[/url]

AD:

Re: Article on Bloomingdale Line Awesome, A suggestion for another possible little known line?
Posted by: 222psm (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: May 09, 2012 09:55AM

I agree, loved the article. Hopefully more to come? Since there are more old lines, I'm going to have to reread the article but did I miss what was at Bloomingdale and St Louis?

AD:

Posted by: daveg (130.36.62.---)
Date: May 09, 2012 12:04PM

As the others have said - great article. Very interesting history of this line. Nice that there are plans to make it a linear park.

For those interested in sending a thank you note to the author, his email address is:

tbanich at att dot net <--- to avoid spammers from harvesting

And thanks for the links CrazyIvan25

AD:

Posted by: CrazyIvan25 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 10, 2012 05:29PM

I do hope that more lines will be remembered, because there are so many here in Chicago, and the better known ones have been done, but some are known but not much more info can be found.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact