SupBitches

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
SupBitches
Posted by: SupBitches (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 28, 2007 11:57PM

I like the website, its useful, historical, yet without the yawn factor that I reserve for trips to the Jane Adam's house. Maybe hunt down some "seedy" aspects of forgotten Chicago. Seedy=hookers, btw.

Love,
Mike Anderson

P.S. I miss you Serhii.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: SupBitches
Posted by: Serhii (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 29, 2007 02:38AM

The seediest appropriate topic would probably be the Lincoln Avenue motels, which are rapidly disappearing. I don't know...

Do you still live in the city, Mike? We should meet up if you do. You probably do.

Serhii

AD:

Posted by: didi (---.neiu.edu)
Date: November 29, 2007 08:03PM

All the mnotels in the city were probably pretty seedy or at least had seedy activities but what I love about that is that it wasn't just the low budget motels that had issues but high budget ritzy hotels such as the Stevens (which i rpofiled on my site), the Morrison, Edgewater beach etc. Tales of murder, robbery, suicide and other intrigue.

AD:

Posted by: johnamagala (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: December 19, 2007 03:00AM

NOW THAT THEY HAVE REBUILT THE NORTH AVENUE BRIDGE WHERE WILL ALL THE HOOKERS HANG OUT?

AD:

Posted by: Serhii (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 19, 2007 04:17AM

16th and Cicero, of course.

AD:

Posted by: didi (---.neiu.edu)
Date: December 23, 2007 01:10AM

LOL!

AD:

Posted by: PhilC64 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 08, 2008 02:11AM

There are tons of the seedy motels/SRO's on the North side. They range from the typical single room shared bath on the floor to the infamous "cubicle" hotels' The one at 1021 S State has been closed for the last couple of years. Another at 426 S Clark "may" still be active. The only one that is still flourishing is the Wilson Mens Club at 1124 W Wilson.

The hooker factor is still in effect on North Ave., now just farther west on North west of Western. The "stroll" on Cicero will always be in effect as long as Cicero is incorporated. The old Broadway stroll has moved farther north in the Edgewater area with questionable "special" girls on the prowl. 51st St. and 47th St. on the southside is still active.

Don't ask why and how I know these things, I just do.

AD:

Posted by: Chi Town Charlie (24.75.146.---)
Date: May 31, 2015 10:55PM

How about 47th St and Cicero Ave. Very good area

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact