Info on restaurants inc. Tijuana Taco?

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Info on restaurants inc. Tijuana Taco?
Posted by: QlassiQue (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 12:54AM

For our upcoming FC175 event, Forgotten Chicago is researching long-gone Chicagoland restaurant chains. Does anyone have any memories (good or bad) from the following? We are interested in the location, food, quality, décor, etc. of the chains below:

• Tijuana Taco
• Here’s Johnny
• Beef & Barrel
• 3 Bears
• E. A. & T. Junction (railroad themed eatery)

Thanks! The FC175 Team

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Info on restaurants inc. Tijuana Taco?
Posted by: rjmachon (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2012 07:23PM

Can anyone tell me where these restaurants were located? I can't remember anything about these places. I grew up and lived on the north and west side of Chicago and these places draw a blank to me. The 3 Bears, was that on Clark Street south of Devon Ave.

AD:

Re: Info on restaurants inc. Tijuana Taco?
Posted by: QlassiQue (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 12, 2012 10:54PM

Thanks for any help you are able to provide:

• Tijuana Taco was announced as having locations at 320 St. Charles Road in Villa Park; Halsted & 112th Street in Chicago, 156th and Dixie Highway in Harvey, and Ogden and Western near Downers Grove. The Tijuana office was listed at 120 E. Ogden in Hinsdale.
• Here’s Johnny was announced for Milwaukee Avenue in Niles (no address given)
• The first Beef & Barrel was listed at East Algonquin and Hammond Lane in Schaumburg
• The first 3 Bears was at 5035 North Lincoln
• E. A. & T Junction featured old-timey railroad nostalgia; no specific address were given, but locations were listed in Northbrook, Lombard, Villa Park, Wheeling, Oak Brook, Matteson and Carol Stream.

Thanks!

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact