Halloween time again

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Halloween time again
Posted by: Bruce (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 14, 2011 03:31AM

It's Halloween time once again. I was just doing some Google searches and found more people thinking the lot at the corner of German Church Road and County Line was the location of the abandoned Grimes sister Ghost house - not. The extensive thread I partook in seems to have disappeared. House cleaning I guess.

I even found some new haunts such as Fairmont and Archer Woods cemetery. I wonder what happened to the private mausoleum of that silent movie star that was broken into and plundered. Its been removed from the hill at Fairmont. They found one of the skeletal hands at Argo High School and the skull floating in a 5 gallon bucket in one of the Sag quarries. My old sergeant ran across the skeletal remains while patrolling in the cemetery - strewn across the road. He never went back into the cemetery at night.

And as for my friend Resurrection Mary, I wonder whatever happened to the guy after the Cook County Forest Preserve locked him up in the mid 1990's after his 10+ years of propagating the hoax with his costume and blond wig.

The real spooks were down near St. James at Archer and Rt. 83, not the church property itself, but near the old Lambert C&A train station near where the tracks cross the old I&M Canal. And as for the folks that have witnessed the lights of poachers across from the lookout at Maple Lake, there was a real tragedy that happened on top of that hill in the 1850's.

Ah I love it! Just thought I'd stir up my yearly conversation.

Bruce

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Halloween time again
Posted by: bowler (---.chipublib.org)
Date: October 14, 2011 02:53PM

Bruce,

Is this the "missing" discussion?

http://forgottenchicago.com/forum/1/4170/4223/re__ghost_story_from_the_sag#msg-4223

AD:

Date: October 14, 2011 07:01PM

No, There was a discussion on the Grimes sisters and I had posted maps and aerial photos.

Bruce

AD:

Posted by: 222psm (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: October 15, 2011 10:57AM

Found it, one of my favorite threads on FC:

http://forgottenchicago.com/forum/1/1150/page=1/_subject_

AD:

Date: October 15, 2011 12:44PM

I did a search using the word Grimes and it came back not found. I just did it again and that thread still is not found. Must be something with the search engine.
I bumped that old thread

Bruce

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact