Check this out.
Check this out.
Posted by: Richard Stachowski (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 13, 2011 09:08PM

[b]Anybody familiar with the house on 1420 w. fulton? I don't know how to post the picture of it but you can see it on google street level. Also about ablock east on the south side of fulton there is a ghost sign like for a stable or something. The hose sold for over 100k and now for like 45k. It is a five family unit. Check it out.[/b]

Re: Check this out.
Date: August 13, 2011 09:21PM

[b]See 1315 w. fulton witicha packing.[/b]

Posted by: PKDickman (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 14, 2011 01:35PM

Richard Stachowski Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anybody familiar with the house on 1420 w. fulton?
> I don't know how to post the picture of it but
> you can see it on google street level. Also about
> ablock east on the south side of fulton there is a
> ghost sign like for a stable or something. The
> hose sold for over 100k and now for like 45k. It
> is a five family unit. Check it out.

There is some decimal point dropping here.
The property last sold for $181,500 in '98 and according to the county recorder,it was mortgaged last fall for $4.5 million.

My guess if that the recorder moved the decimal to the right and your source moved it to the left.

Date: August 14, 2011 03:44PM

[b]I thik it was on Zillow or one of those sites but it was like 45K. Still I wonder if anybody knows anything about that house. Also did you see the ghost sign at 1315 w. fulton?[/b]

Posted by: davem60612 (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 23, 2011 11:04AM

1418 w fulton is a 6 bed 5 bath home.
listing here;
http://tours.vht.com/Viewer/PropertyInfo.aspx?ListingID=1172788&Style=DTI

Date: August 28, 2011 03:58PM

[b]What I didn't see is that there are two houses together with two addresses 1418 and 1420.[/b]

Posted by: captain54 (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 29, 2011 10:14PM

It's highly unlikely that 1418-20 W fulton sold for $45 K. That's a very high end rehab. $4.5 M is not unrealistic..

I remember that property very clearly going back to at least the mid 80's or so..The area at the time was a haven for prostitution and drug dealing..I remember seeing some very seedy characters in and out of and in the vicinity of that property.

$181 K for that property in 98' sounds about right, but I believe over the years some major rehab has been done.

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact