Dr. Kraft
Dr. Kraft
Posted by: cmysli (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 25, 2011 12:25AM

I hope someone can help! I grew up in Brighton Park. Does anyone remember Dr. Kraft's office? I believe it was somewhere around 63rd and Kedzie. I could be wrong. My grandma used to take me there when I was a little girl. This would have been in the early to middle 1970's. The doctor's office was in a house, a two flat or an apartment above a store. The living room was the waiting room; the kitchen was the office; and the bedrooms were the examination rooms.

Dr. Kraft must have been in his early sixties back then. I'm pretty sure his name is spelled like the cheese.

Re: Dr. Kraft
Posted by: Hugh Manatee (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2013 02:52PM

WOW I'll Have to ask My 92 year old Mom, but Dr. Kraft was my doctor. He deliveres my Sister at Holy Cross Hospital.1947 Sorry Sis. JUST talked to my Mom and should have remembered this . His office was above a store.It was in an appartment builsing on the SE corner of Kedzie and 52nd Street. Aboce Glendale Pharmacy,owend by Stanley Bayridge, it was origionally Ratijaks ( spelling )

Re: Dr. Kraft
Posted by: ski50 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2015 02:13PM

cmysli- Dr Krafts office was at 52 & Kedzie above the drug store.It was a converted apartment.He & his nurse Josephine were there to help ,but it was a long walk up the stairs.He always drove a Cadillac & would make house calls.He smoked cigars but never at work.I remember him following me into a bedroom at home to give me a shot..He did surgery & was a general physician,he did it all.

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact