Haunted House on lawrence avenue

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Haunted House on lawrence avenue
Posted by: liz (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date: October 22, 2010 02:34AM

does anyone remember that scary old wooden house on lawrence avenue.it was near the walgreens on lawrence and lincoln.
when I was a teenager I went with my friends to see who lived in the creepy place.we went up the stairs and rang the bell. this tall creepy guy comes to the door he was wearing some heavy makeup . we pretended we were selling something but he was not interested. another time we came back again to snoop around you could see someone moving the curtain in the house. we met this kid who was also snooping around. he told us there was some ghost that would talk to you in the basement. we went with this kid in the basement he said if you bang on the pipes the ghost answers. he started to bang on the pipe and then the banging came back. I told him I was scared and left.that place was weird never went snooping again.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Haunted House on lawrence avenue
Posted by: Berwyn Frank (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 22, 2010 03:06AM

Hey! That's my uncles house!:(

AD:

Posted by: VBO-Phil (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: October 26, 2010 11:55PM

What side of Lawrence Ave. was the building located? I'm in the area quite often. I do recall a rather odd frame house on the north side of Lawrence near Leavitt.

AD:

Posted by: liz (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date: October 27, 2010 01:01AM

this house was there in the 60s the house was on the north side of the street it may have been on oakley and before you got to leavitt. it was a old big black wooden house on the corner it looked haunted.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact