Glad to be here!

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Glad to be here!
Posted by: scottyhoffo (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: October 06, 2015 06:13PM

Hi all, and it's great to be here!

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Scott and I'm originally from nearby NW Indiana. I've been to Chicago many times and am a big fan of history, architecture, and "ghost ads."

My favorite Chicago site? Definitely the Archer Ave (I think that's it) railroad vertical lift span bridges... not only are they a century old, but from what I read they had the sharpest approach angle of any of their type ever built. I think they were designed by Waddell & Harrington if memory serves correctly.

I've been a long-time lurker here but finally figured I'd join in order to help get rid of the spam. It really hurt to see how bad it had gotten.

I'm in California right now "on account of Uncle Sam's deal" (name that song! :) ) but hope to return to the Midwest soon.

Take care all and hope to see you around the forums!

Scott

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Glad to be here!
Posted by: woodman88 (---.dynamic.fuse.net)
Date: October 07, 2015 12:00AM

Steppin' out.

AD:

Posted by: scottyhoffo (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: October 07, 2015 01:38PM

woodman88 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Steppin' out.

Heck yes, by one of my favorite bands of all.

AD:

Posted by: woodman88 (---.dynamic.fuse.net)
Date: October 08, 2015 01:32AM

Paul Revere and the Raiders. I was sad to hear of his death. He was a different kind of guy.

AD:

Posted by: Anonymous User (117.247.203.---)
Date: October 08, 2015 05:05AM

I am Lewis ahmed from US and happy to be the part of [url=http://aimsely.com/]this[/url] community. Enjoying here a lot.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact