Golf Mill Shopping Center

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Golf Mill Shopping Center
Posted by: rjmachon (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 02, 2014 04:42PM

Mornac you are correct on the name, The Swedish Smorgasbord, in the same building. That's what it was. We went there for lunch on occasion as well.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Posted by: Jake (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 24, 2015 02:12AM

Hello Sterling, Could you tell me the dates that Diana Ross was at the Playhouse after she left the Supremes? Thank you. Jake.

AD:

Posted by: MisterDrexciya (---.ehv.campus.philips.com)
Date: February 24, 2015 07:21AM

Hi Jake,

here's an old article from the Chicago Tribune. She performed there after the Supremes broke up. Judging the article below, she performed there on Tuesday August 25, 1970...

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1970/08/28/page/45/article/weekend-recommends

AD:

Posted by: Jake (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2015 10:02PM

Thank you MisterDrexciya. I really do appreciate it. Jake.

AD:

Posted by: the_mogra (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: April 15, 2015 02:05PM

the first year I went to Golf Mill was 1959, i remember the northern store buildings were still under construction then. me and my sister Connie played a lot in the covered (outdoor of course) water mill & pond (w/ the usual large goldfish). what a great diversion for young kids while their parents were shopping

AD:

Posted by: Ringo48 (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: May 16, 2015 08:14PM

I worked at the restaurant Tiffany's that was connected to Mill Run Playhouse when I going to High school at Notre Dame, for a few years 1963-1966. I had a chance to bring over food to some of the actors, and as an occasional barboy, some champagne. I had a chance to meet several actors, Gordon McRae, Cesar Romero, Charlton Heston(I remember him coming in the restaurant after the show and there were no tables available. I believe the owner paid some folks a pile of cash to give up there table, and got my mom who also worked there as his waitress),and most memorable for me, meeting Jack Palance, who was in the play Heaven Can Wait. Since it was a theatre in the round, he would change behind a little screen just behind the seating area. I got a chance to hold his next set of cloths. A lot of fun for a sixteen year old, but sadly me grades did suffer. But I always came to class with some great stories. And I did graduate.

Ringo

AD:

Posted by: WayOutWardell (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 17, 2015 01:27AM

Hey Ringo, good to see another Don on here!

So the Tribune said that Mill Run was demolished in '84 for expansion of the mall. Wasn't the theater on the very northern end of the mall? It doesn't look like anything went up in its place except for the parking lot.

AD:

Posted by: lee520 (---.administ.org)
Date: May 20, 2015 05:20AM

<P>This is not to say these are simply cut rate copies or anything like that. Indeed ASUS even saw the value of creating less expensive versions of its ROG motherboards for other price points. The MAXIMUS VI Hero is an example of that. El esqueleto humano consta de 206 huesos. Nuestros huesos empiezan a desarrollarse antes [url=http://www.borselouis-it.com/louis-vuitton-donna/portachiavi-e-ciondoli-bag/][b]Portachiavi Louis Vuitton[/b][/url] del nacimiento. Cuando el esqueleto se empieza [url=http://www.borselouis-it.com/][b]Borse Di Louis Vuitton[/b][/url] a formar, est compuesto de cart flexible, pero en pocas [url=http://www.borselouis-it.com/louis-vuitton-uomo/portafoglio-louis-vuitton/][b]Portafoglio Louis Vuitton Uomo[/b][/url] semanas comienza el proceso de osificaci La osificaci [url=http://www.borselouis-it.com/][b]Sciarpa Louis Vuitton[/b][/url] consiste en que el cart es sustituido por dep duros de fosfato de calcio y col los dos principales componentes del hueso. </P>
<P></P>

AD:

Posted by: rjmachon (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: May 20, 2015 05:33PM

The Mill Run was on the very northeast end of the mall WayOut. Didn't the Millionaires Club take over Tiffany's in the 1970's?

AD:

Posted by: the_mogra (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: May 20, 2015 05:51PM

In 1981 at the Golf Mill theatres I went to a couple of movie 'sneak previews' then, one being Raiders Of The Lost Ark

AD:

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact