Chicago Area Radiofest

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Chicago Area Radiofest
Posted by: Dunning1 (---.dhs.gov)
Date: July 27, 2015 02:13PM

If anyone is interested in old time radio, the annual Radiofest is being held this Friday and Saturday at the Quality Inn at 300 S. Frontage Road in Burr Ridge, IL. In as much as so many radio manufacturers were Chicago based, there is a lot of Chicago history there. For more details please see the Antique Radio Club of Illinois website.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Chicago Area Radiofest
Posted by: Dunning1 (216.81.94.---)
Date: August 04, 2015 01:38PM

Man, what a disappointment! Went there at 0900, nobody out there except a few people talking in the parking lot. Went back at 1000, at their suggestion, and still nothing set up, nobody selling anything. Nothing like the old days, when you had to park a half mile away if you got there at 0630!

AD:

Posted by: Jim R. (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 04, 2015 07:53PM

What day did you go? I was there Saturday and the place was hoppin. Got there around 8:15.

AD:

Posted by: Dunning1 (---.dhs.gov)
Date: August 05, 2015 12:14PM

I was there on Friday. In the past if you were not there early on Friday, everything would be gone.

AD:

Posted by: the_mogra (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: August 05, 2015 03:10PM

I want to go to the one that's held at the DuPage county fairgrounds in wheaton, my son says I missed the last one but now I learn they're only there once a year!

AD:

Date: August 05, 2015 08:50PM

The swap meet has changed from previous years. It was Saturday and Sunday this year. Nothing was there until Friday evening starting with registration and then an auction.
The Dupage county fairgrounds is in June every year.
Here is the website for the club.
http://antique-radios.org/

AD:

Posted by: the_mogra (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: August 06, 2015 11:19AM

in past years I probably caught a glimpse of the 'radiofest' at the dupage county fairgrounds on a sunday coincident with scott smiths' all-animal expo that's also held there twice each month and I go to now and then. too bad for me I missed this June's according to my sons reminder, but next year I'll put everything right God willing

AD:

Date: August 06, 2015 08:04PM

Radiofest is only at this time of year. The June meet is a combo of ham radio and antique radio. June meet is only one day...Fathers Day.

AD:

Posted by: Richard Stachowski (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2015 09:05PM

[b]I still have my TR4c Drake and use it sometimes. KB9FWG 73's[/b]

AD:

Posted by: yazzieabby (117.247.203.---)
Date: August 08, 2015 07:01AM

When Will be the next radio fest? If I get an opportunity definitely will attend the eve. If you are looking for writing related queries go through with [url=http://cheapessaywritingservice.us/]cheap essays writing service[/url], you can get better writing help.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact