"Go Get Some Bakery." 67th and Ashland

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
"Go Get Some Bakery." 67th and Ashland
Posted by: SouthSide41 (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: February 20, 2015 03:08PM

Here is one of my memories of growing up at 67th and Ashland. PLease take a look at my blog postings about Chicago as I was growing up. Bits and pieces. Thanks.

http://memoriesofatime.com/2013/06/25/multidialectal/

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: "Go Get Some Bakery." 67th and Ashland
Posted by: tommy wilson (---.lv.lv.cox.net)
Date: February 20, 2015 04:29PM

THEY KNOW YOU'RE FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE BECAUSE YOU ARE.CAL MARS RESTAURANT MURRAY PARK RASTER SCHOOL ST JUSTIN ST RITA HARPER HIGH THE TAFFY APPLE MANAND HIS ROVING CART.. THE JUNK MAN COMING DOWN THE ALLEY.THE DUNCAN YO YO GUY THAT CAME AROUND SCHOOLTHE KNIFE SHAPNER GUY THAT PUSHED HIS CART DOWN THE STREET.DANS HOT DOGS 71ST AND DAMEN.THE THRILL OF GOING SHOPPING AT 63RD AND HALSTED IN THE 1950s. THE CYO FIGHTS AT SAINT RITA.THE ACORN BAKERY 67TH AND ASHLAND. DRESSELS BAKERY 6630 S. ASHLAND. SHACKS DELLI FOR THE SMOKED CHUBBS. DELCO'S ICE CREAM PARLOR 69TH AND ASHLAND. CASCIO'S ITALIAN MARKET. AMBROSINO'S ITALIAN MARKET.THIS STUFF DOES NOT WEAR OFF.CLUB BILLIARS AND BARBER SHOP (HORSE ACTION) AND HOW ABOUT FR ANGELO AT SAINT MARY OF MOUNT CARMEL.IT DOES NOT LEAVE YOU .YOU LEAVE IT.AMEN.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact