McGinty's Tavern, Cottage Grove, Chicago

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
McGinty's Tavern, Cottage Grove, Chicago
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: October 03, 2015 12:27PM

Hi,

I noticed your post about MicGinty's Tavern near 73rd and Cottage Grove, Chicago. My Great Uncle Edward McGinty owned that Tavern. His residence was 7425 Cottage Grove Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. His spouse was Margaret McNaulty.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what happened to that Tavern or if anyone might have a photo? I know my Gallagher relatives when they immigrated from County Mayo, Ireland all were heading to stay with their relative Edward McGinty. There names were. James Gallagher, Michael Gallagher, Anthony Gallagher, George Gallagher and Catherine Gallagher. Anthony Gallagher and his brother George Gallagher remained in Chicago. According to what their nephew told me, Ed McGinty used them for labor in his tavern.

Our family is also connected to the Noone Family. Someone made mention to a Ed Noone playing music in that bar I'm not certain if their Ed Noone was related to our Noone Family from Carradoogan, County Mayo, Ireland.

Any information would be greatly appreciated about McGinty's Tavern.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact