WHEW!.... "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" Yea, Hobby Shops...

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
WHEW!.... "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" Yea, Hobby Shops...
Posted by: Keyzzdzz (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 06, 2015 04:50PM

I remember one way out on the South Side where I lived... Roseland. Like maybe 111th & State or Michigan. You went inside and it was cram full of Hobby stuff. You couldnt see over any of the iles... they went almost to the ceiling.The place was no bigger than a 2 bedroom bungalo house.
.... But then... then, there was this door...inside... in the back. And it went down some tunnel like narrow stairs, like the kind that went into your basement at your house.... and when you got down there, the tiffany lampshade covered lights hung over the top of this HO Race car track that seemed to go on for ever!! There was a counter in the back and a guy that would rent you a car by the 1/2 hour & a Contol box. He was always working on these little HO Race cars... on the top of this glass jewlery display case full of parts & skeletins of these cars.... and it always smelled like 3 & 1 oil.
.. . . . "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" ... Yea... we would spend HOURS in there on a rainy Saturday. There were like old benches attached to the walls where ya could sit up a little higher and watch kids race these HO cars around the track. MAN... Those cars FLEW! There was no backboards around the track... and there was cars flying off onto the cement floor all the time.
......... [b]Yea....[/b] [b]([color=#00CCFF]╯[/color][color=#FF0033]︵[/color][color=#00CCFF]╰[/color]) . . .
[color=#00FF00]♫[/color] [color=#FF0000]♬[/color] [color=#00CCFF]♪[/color][/b] I remember it well... (sigh)... [b][color=#CC9966]♪[/color] [color=#FFCC00]♩[/color] [color=#00CCFF]♪[/color][/b]
Long. . long . . time ago...
( was that my life?... or just a Dream...? )
... Funny.... I can 'SEE" the end of this winding road now... Somehow.. I didnt picture it to look quite . . like . . this. . . ([color=#33FFFF]◡[/color]‿[color=#33FFFF]◡[/color][color=#FF00CC]✿[/color])[/b] ..
-----> DID YOU ? ? ? <-------
✿ ⊰ ⊹ ♧ ✿ ♂ ☏ ♀ ☆ ★ ❀ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♪ [color=#FF0099]❤[/color] (。[color=#00CCFF]◕[/color]‿[color=#00CCFF]◕[/color]。) ☁ ☂ ☀ ☃ ☎ ツ
. . . . ☮ . . . . ☮ . . . . ☮ . . .
. . . . [color=#00CCFF][b]Robin & Da Critters.[/b][/color] . .
. . . . . [color=#33FF00][b]" ¯\(͡๏︵๏)/¯ "[/b][/color]

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: WHEW!.... "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" Yea, Hobby Shops...
Posted by: MisterDrexciya (---.adsl.online.nl)
Date: May 10, 2015 03:29PM

I like your funny post ;-) This sounds like a good escape from the grim neighborhood as it now. What time/year is your description about?

AD:

Re: WHEW!.... "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" Yea, Hobby Shops...
Posted by: skipo (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 10, 2015 04:08PM

That brings back memories!!!
That might have been either Steves Hobby Shop below "the hill" on 111th st on the south side of the street, or, maybe Stu De Youngs Hobby Shop which was behind J C Pennys on 112th and Michigan.
Born n raised near there

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact