The Chicago Stadium

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
The Chicago Stadium
Posted by: liz (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date: February 18, 2010 11:07PM

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Chicago Stadium
Location 1800 W. Madison Street, Chicago, Illinois 60612
Opened March 28, 1929
Closed 1994
Demolished 1995
The Chicago Stadium was an indoor sports arena and a theater in Chicago, Illinois. The Stadium hosted the Chicago Blackhawks of the NHL from 1929–1994 and the Chicago Bulls of the NBA from 1967–1994.

My memories are going there when I was a kid to see the Shipstads & Johnson ice follies.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: The Chicago Stadium
Posted by: shoreline (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 19, 2010 01:46AM

In the early 70s the second balcony of the stadium may have the most exciting place to watch a sports event in the city. The area was filled with a totally rabid and raucous fan base for all 'Hawks games. Cigarette smoke and the smell of adult beverages permeated the stadium. Years before the media found the bleachers at Wrigley, the stadium and specifically the second balcony were the hot ticket.

AD:

Posted by: 222psm (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 19, 2010 09:17PM

We went to see bulls games in the mid 80's when Michael Jordan was just getting started in his NBA career.

AD:

Posted by: glassgypsy (---.tcso.qwest.net)
Date: August 17, 2014 04:54AM

Yep, used to go to The Stadium in Sunday nights to see the Hawks play. This was in the late 50's, second balcony seats were $2.00 each.

AD:

Posted by: rjmachon (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 17, 2014 07:19PM

The had some pretty awesome concerts there as well. The one that I will never forget was the The Beachago Tour in June 1975. The Beach Boys along with Chicago played for six nights. I had main floor center, fifteenth row tickets!

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact