STANLEY'S on Ashland / Back of the Yards

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
STANLEY'S on Ashland / Back of the Yards
Posted by: mail906 (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 18, 2014 03:54PM

A few months ago, someone was kind enough to post a note on Forgotten Chicago about Stanley's Tavern at 43rd Street & Ashland Ave. in Chicago. The business was moved to this location in 1935 by my grandfather, Stanley.

For the past 30 years, our family business has been run by Wanda Kurek who joined her parents' business in 1952.

This week, Wanda will be celebrating her 90th birthday, and yes - it's true, she still cooks all of our daily homemade specials.

To celebrate [b][size=large]Wanda's 90th Birthday[/size][/b], here is what we have planned:

All Month: [b]90 cent[/b] draft beer
Wednesday (3/19) only: [b]90 cent[/b] Meatloaf Plate Special 11 AM to 2 PM dine-in only [Yup! [b]90 cents[/b]]
Thursday (3/20) only: Complimentary Pizza 5 PM
Friday (3/21) only: Wanda's PARTY !!! Complimentary Buffet & Cake 5 PM

We are proud to call thousands of men and women who built our great city friends and customers. Stop by this week and join us in celebrating Wanda's birthday. Many things are not made the way they used to be, and Wanda is certainly one of them.

Thanks.

PS Thanks to Forgotten Chicago for allowing me to post this message. I am not really looking here to advertise our business, as I am trying to reach out to old friends and customers.

[url=http://www.stanleysinc.com]Stanley's Website[/url]

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: STANLEY'S on Ashland / Back of the Yards
Posted by: WayOutWardell (199.101.76.---)
Date: March 18, 2014 04:06PM

Excellent!
Thanks for posting this, I hope some some of us Forum-ites can make it!

AD:

Posted by: Richard Stachowski (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2014 11:32PM

[b]Thanks for the invite. I am from the Back of the yards myself. Is it on the corner? Like whatts the address?[/b]

AD:

Posted by: mail906 (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 19, 2014 02:09PM

Thanks for the interest.

Stanley's Tavern is located on the Northwest corner of 43rd Street & Ashland Avenue - directly across the street from the entrance to the Stockyards Industrial Park (previously known as the Union Stockyards).

Our address is 4258 S. Ashland Avenue in Chicago; phone: (773) 927-0033.

Stop by and say hello.

AD:

Posted by: Richard Stachowski (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2014 07:43PM

[b]Thanks I have been there before many years ago.[/b]

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact