Sieben's Brewery

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Sieben's Brewery
Posted by: fleurblue (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 21, 2009 11:51PM

Mom mom told me about going to Sieben's beer garden on Larabee with her sister and brother-in-law on summer evenings.

She said it was a great place to people watch while have a pitcher of beer along with pretzels and mustard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2012 02:45AM by fleurblue.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Sieben's Brewery
Posted by: Erie St Danek (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: August 22, 2012 01:06PM

After several hours at Riverview Park our whole family .... aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. went to Siebens for a late afternoon treat. Us kids got big mugs of root beer and our parents got the beer. I can taste their mustard and pretzles just thinking about it. The more steins of beer the bar maids could carry in each fist the louder the patrons cheered. They also had beer drinking races. One man would stand up in the beer garden holding up his stein of beer in the air looking for a challenge. The other guy stood up and down went the beer. The first one done slammed his stein down onto the table and everyone cheered. The outdoor beer garden was huge jam packed with picnic tables. Great memories !!!!!

AD:

Re: Sieben's Brewery
Posted by: nordsider (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 22, 2012 02:14PM

I ounce visited Sieben's with my father; my aunt's brother was bartending at the time. What I remember most was the huge beer mugs . . . but I probably was under age then and couldn't drink.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2012 09:41PM by nordsider.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact