The Hot Dog Stand At 1300 W. Wrightwood

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
The Hot Dog Stand At 1300 W. Wrightwood
Posted by: Chipast (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: September 25, 2010 12:34AM

I somehow remember this place existing some over 35 years ago. What was the name if anybody remembers?.

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: The Hot Dog Stand At 1300 W. Wrightwood
Posted by: Bernie Von neffe (---.mon-cre.net)
Date: November 09, 2010 10:02PM

I am not sure about the hot dog stand but I lived juat few blocks away for about 6 years.Near Diversey and Ashland on Bothworth ave. I went to Prescott grade school which was about 1600 Wrightwood ave.

AD:

Re: The Hot Dog Stand At 1300 W. Wrightwood
Posted by: Chipast (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: November 11, 2010 01:06PM

Yes, There WAS a hot dog stand at the NW corner of Diversey & Bosworth. A little more old fashioned. But there WAS a hot dog stand at the 1300 W. Wrightwood on the NW corner. As uncommon as it may have been. I ALSO believe there was also a tavern, grocery store & cleaners or some small shop on each corner of the 1258-1301 block of W.Wrightwood. Plus DO you remember what stood at 1501 W. George or Oakdale??????. It had some neon sign hanging in front, Some TV repair shop??????????. I believe sometime in the 1980's the place, Along with a few other buildings had a big fire.

AD:

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact