Places of my youth

General Discussion Forgotten Chicago Forum
Explore Forgotten Chicago
Feel free to discuss anything related to the website here. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: ForumsMessagesNewSearchLog InPrint View
Places of my youth
Posted by: stan (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: December 06, 2012 01:05PM

Does anyone remember the Crane Theater, The Midwest Theater, and Jack the Barber just a couple blocks from Five Holy Marters

Options: ReplyQuote

AD:

Re: Places of my youth
Posted by: LarryK (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 08:32AM

Jack the Barber. There used to be a barber shop on 45th St. between Richmond and Francisco. Is this the one you remember??

AD:

Posted by: Richard Stachowski (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 04:21PM

If the barber shop was there it had to be on the corner on Francisco or Richmond. The Crane theater building is still there on Archer ave, I'm from Brighton Park myself.

AD:

Posted by: s68563b (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 08, 2013 10:49PM

Do you Remember Basiles Barber Shop? It was on Pulaski Ave. 10600 Southside. John Basile was my uncle. My God Father. He loved to intertain people, which
made being a barber so natural for him. I always suspected he wished he made it to hollywood. Growing up in the 70,s his meterial was sharp , with lots of old time nostalgia.

AD:

Posted by: dicknowak (---.hsd1.wi.comcast.net)
Date: February 14, 2014 10:08PM

I grew up at 4511 Richmond St. Ther was a babershop on 45th st between Richmond & Francisco on the north side of the street by the alley.
Richard Nowak

AD:

Date: February 15, 2014 05:10PM

Did you know Teddy the bartender on the SE corner of 45th & Richmond and Braskey on the SW corner of 46th & Richmond, I lived at 4630 S frabcisco from 1961 to 1997.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 05:11PM by Richard Stachowski.

AD:

Date: February 15, 2014 09:17PM

I do not remember Teddy the bartender. I do know the name of the bar was Cozy Corner.When I was growing up there during the 50's & eraly
60's it was owned by the Kolenda family.
My family used to shop at Brasky's store and the owners were friends with my parents and good friends my late wife's parents. Mrs Brasky was a bridesmaid at my in laws wedding. I believe Mrs Brasky's first name was Eleanore.
Richard Nowak

AD:

Date: February 16, 2014 03:54PM

dicknowak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do not remember Teddy the bartender. I do know
> the name of the bar was Cozy Corner.When I was
> growing up there during the 50's & eraly
> 60's it was owned by the Kolenda family.
> My family used to shop at Brasky's store and the
> owners were friends with my parents and good
> friends my late wife's parents. Mrs Brasky was a
> bridesmaid at my in laws wedding. I believe Mrs
> Brasky's first name was Eleanore.
> Richard Nowak
Edmond Brasky passed on some years ago and the store was closed. The Braskys I think still live there. Teddy hung himself according to what Brasky told me back in 1997. Ed had several heart by passes but died after a few years.

AD:

Date: February 16, 2014 04:06PM

There was also a bar across the street on the Soutwest side of 45th & Richmond but I didn't go there often. If you wanted to get the local news Brasky knew everything and everybody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2014 04:07PM by Richard Stachowski.

AD:

Date: February 16, 2014 05:09PM

The bar on the Ne corner of 46th & Richmond was Richmond Tap. The bar on the SW corner of 45th & Richmond was Cozy Corner.

AD:

Date: February 16, 2014 09:48PM

Teddy's tavern was at the south east corner of 45th & Richmond.

AD:

Posted by: mikbasile (---.lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 15, 2016 11:42PM

saturday morning our dad would take us to my uncle johns barber shop, for free haircuts. he would give us those cheep pocket comes, that would make music if you flicked you thumb along the teeth.but not to hard... or the teeth would bust off.

AD:

Posted by: linlijiaoo (---.secure.ne.jp)
Date: January 27, 2016 09:42PM

2 timberland marc jacobs uk The bottes ugg mont blanc pens latter gucci bags new-balance-femme-574.fr name mizunowave.net gucci has nike free air max 90 a nike--huarache.fr dolce-and-gabbana.org more michael kors hollister clothing distinguished chanel handbags mont blanc sound fitflops.me.uk ralph lauren outlet than insanity workout uk michael kors outlet the stuart weitzman new balance native asics rolex replica and oakley vault uggs on sale rustic james shoes eyeglass frames “Falkberget.”Young michael kors new england patriots jersey Erik montre-femme-homme.fr cowboys jerseys was asics mac makeup foreman michael kors james shoes and adidas trainers nikefree-5.com overseer lunette-oakley.fr replica rolex in mac make up adidas uk charge san francisco 49ers jersey lebron 11 of christian louboutin uk manchester united jersey 2015 2016 the fendi belts hermes potato gucci outlet beats headphones diggers, louboutin manchester united jersey and reebok-shoes.net nike-free-run.co.uk carted hogan outlet beats by dre in james shoes michael kors outlet online the lebron shoes oakley sale crop. broncos jersey rayban--sunglasses.org.uk He lunette ray ban pas cher nike air force was christian louboutin shoes tod's a polo ralph lauren lunette oakley handsome michael-jordan.it nike air max lad burberry handbags ray ban sunglasses of fitflops uk air-jordan.in.net twenty, bcbgmax.in.net beats headphones steady cheap-jerseys.in.net polo outlet and reebok shoes kobe 10 sound mac cosmetics jerseys for gucci handbags nikeshoesinc.net his hollister clothing store eagles jersey age, ferragamo pandora uk and jordans new balance shoes a kobe 9 shoes cheap basketball shoes proper gucci shoes chanel bag son fit flops marcjacobs.in.net of dansko shoes north-face.org.uk the michael kors outlet bracelet-pandora-bijoux.fr house. m a c cosmetics oakley sunglasses There michael kors handbags united jersey was scarpe-adidas-superstar.it omegawatches.org.uk something ferragamo belts ugg uk no denver broncos jersey mac makeup doubt hollister-uk.me.uk seahawks jerseys cheap between mizuno wave miami heat jersey him swarovski christian louboutin shoes and michael kors burberry Fr?ken guess factory gucci uk Elisabeth michael--kors.fr kevindurant-shoes.net from ferragamo.org.uk browns jerseys the pandora charms cheap oakley vicarage, mac makeup uk warriors jersey seeing jordan pas cher guess outlet she nike mercurial michael kors outlet online came boston celtics jersey bebe dresses over michael kors tennessee titans jersey one michael kors outlet online guess day lebron james shoes uggs.org.uk and rolex--watches.co.uk discount oakley sunglasses stood gucci shoes puma shoes talking jimmy choo outlet michael kors with kobe 9 prada him bcbg max kate spade uk out five finger shoes kate spade in hollister lunette oakley pas cher the weddingdresses.me.uk kevin durant shoes fields adidas zx flux air max 95 for oakley cartier love bracelet quite dansko-shoes.org fitflops a fitflops uk oakley sunglasses while. adidas adidas-trainersuk.co.uk When north face outlet online oakley sunglasses she sac michael kors fitflop was chelsea jersey pandora leaving, jerseys from china chicago blackhawks jersey she dallas cowboys jerseys stuart weitzman shoes found pittsburgh steelers jerseys wedding dresses uk a thunder jersey ralph--lauren.fr few ralph lauren philadelphia eagles jersey words raiders jersey puma outlet for red bottom shoes gucci handbags me oakley sunglasses wholesale lebron 11 as chicago bulls jersey adidas--superstar.fr well, levi's jeans chanel bags saying gucci watches ravens jersey Oline nike shoes mac cosmetics uk was nike store tommy hilfiger beginning bottes ugg pas cher kobe 9 low to nike shoes uggs.org.uk get north face uk michael kors used new orleans saints jerseys packers jerseys to 49ers jersey scarpe-nike-store.it the mizuno running oakley uk new tommy hilfiger uk carolina panthers jersey contrivances fake rolex marc jacobs of burberry outlet online harrods london water-pipes air max clippers jersey and mac uk mulberry tap.“And michael kors outlet canada converse yourself?” ray ban outlet burberry sale I cleveland browns jerseys kobe shoes asked.Out louboutin pas cher buffalo bills jerseys of chiefs jersey adidas-zxflux.fr politeness, hermes birkin flip flops she cheap nfl jerseys tiffany-and-co.org.uk made designer-handbags.us.com airmax-90.co.uk some steelers jerseys hollister little real madrid jersey 2015 uggs on sale answer michael--kors.org.uk tommy hilfiger to polo ralph lauren outlet nike huarache this san francisco 49ers jerseys replica watches also, omega watches bills jerseys but nfl jerseys cheap oakley sunglasses I new balance adidas could cheap jordans tiffany and co see ray ban sunglasses true religion uk she uggs montre femme had nike--store.fr true religion outlet no uggs outlet balenciaga.in.net wish levisjeans.in.net mizuno to true religion jeans asics gel lyte stay hilfiger uk mac makeup uk talking ralph lauren polo cardinals jersey to adidas uk jordan shoes me.So oakley vault mac cosmetics prettily cheap-jordans.in.net louboutin uk dressed air max uk asics trainers she ugg pas cher kobe 8 was, ugg australia dolphins jersey with air jordan fitflops a nike air max 2015 cheap sunglasses new new balance shoes lululemon light jordan retro real madrid jersey cloak fitflop jimmy choo shoes that dolce and gabbana mizuno went michael-jordan.co.uk ray ban uk so adidas outlet flip or flop well chanel jordan with dansko outlet michael kors outlet her adidas shoes blackhawks jersey blue abercrombie and fitch nike free 5.0 eyes. ralph lauren outlet online flip flops uk . fendi belt tods shoes . christian louboutin flops .Next kobe ix air max 2015 day nike kobe 9 ugg boots Erik omega-watches.in.net cheap oakley sunglasses met burberry new balance with jeremy scott adidas gucci outlet online an uggs on sale mizuno running shoes accident; gucci handbags ed hardy his insanity workout new york jets jerseys horse michael kors outlet online gucci belt bolted, insanity workout jordan shoes dragging Nike Jordan michael kors handbags him air force cartier across tory burch chaussure-nike-pas-cher.fr the christian louboutin outlet nike fields coco-chanel.it jordan and replica watches louboutin throwing heat jersey tommy hilfiger him seahawks jerseys for sale salomon shoes up ugg boots clearance prada uk against adidas running shoes seattle seahawks jerseys a north face jackets louis vuitton uk fence mac uk tiffany at rolex watches for sale hollister-co.it last. air jordan pas cher pandorauk.co.uk He fitflop michael kors uk was eagles jerseys lebron shoes badly cheap-jordan-shoes.net marc jacobs mauled, flip flop rolex watch and bracelet-swarovski-bijoux.fr new york knicks jersey spitting gucci shoes michael kors outlet online sale blood; uggs louboutin shoes a green bay packers jerseys converse uk few gucci belts lebron shoes hours ed hardy clothing nike pas cher later, sac chanel converse.org.uk when burberry outlet online converse he wedding dresses guess canada had michael kors canada yogapants.eu.com come titans jersey burberry factory outlet to buccaneers jerseys uggs outlet himself detroit lions jerseys basketball shoes a air jordan stuart-weitzman.net little, rolex oakley vault he airmax-90.in.net new balance trainers was air-max-90.fr mac makeup still jordan 11 Balenciaga spitting flip flops raiders jerseys blood. cartier watches golden state warriors jersey Falkenberg mulberry uk louis vuitton was wedding--dresses.net ugg soldes now weitzman shoes saints jerseys set oakley outlet swarovski-gioielli.it to coachoutlet-store.in.net polo ralph lauren drive.I air jordan nike blazer feigned ugg boots clearance bulls jersey to tory burch outlet panthers jersey be orologi-rolex.it steelers jersey distressed bootsonsale.com.co hermes handbags at hermes belt beats by dr dre what cheap oakley sunglasses lululemon had polo ralph lauren outlet online cleveland cavaliers jersey happened, jerseys-fromchina.in.net tommy-hilfiger.us.com and tods uggs outlet went tory burch outlet ralph lauren outlet about true religion coco chanel silent oakley sunglasses cheap roshe run and nike roshe seahawks jersey gloomy chicago bears jerseys burberry as nba jerseys houston texans jerseys the oakley store lebron 12 rest, chaussures louboutin mac make up but converse shoes redskins jersey I timberland boots packers jersey did omega watches ugg boots not adidas soccer nike roshe run feel coach outlet ugg outlet so. atlanta falcons jersey nike uk I gucci belt falcons jersey had ugg outlet beats by dre no louboutin ugg-australia.fr hope rolex watches tommy--hilfiger.fr of uggs eyeglasses frames Fr?ken guess clothing tiffany jewelry Elisabeth lunette ray ban airmax-95.in.net for ny giants jersey mac make up myself, lunetterayban.fr rolex replica watches indeed; timberland tommy hilfiger outlet still, burberry uk kobe 9 elite I ray ban hogan sito ufficiale was louis--vuitton.me.uk asics-gellyte.fr rid bebedresses.in.net lebron james shoes of adidas store flip flops one hollister spurs jersey that toms outlet kobe 9 high stood hermes uk north face outlet above hermes bags burberry-outlet-online.it me true religion outlet asics gel in arizona cardinals jersey new balance 574 her nike mercurial superfly jaguars jersey favour.

lebron 12 ray ban rams jersey new balance pas cher true religion cheap jerseys nike-shoes.in.net polo ralph lauren outlet dr dre beats michael kors adidasoriginals.org.uk pandora-bracciali.it michael kors toms shoes lebron 11 michael kors handbags cheap oakley sunglasses michael kors outlet online sale ugg fit flop timberland uk giants jersey salomon boots uggs outlet online new york giants jerseys new balance outlet lebron 10 madrid jersey tiffany--gioielli.it toms shoes uk pandora bijoux cartier-lovebracelet.us.com boots on sale burberry outlet michaeljordan.fr air jordans oakley sunglasses cheap christian louboutin new balance football boots lions jersey chanel handbags jordan adidas originals nike outlet dre beats cheap gucci eyeglasses online yoga pants patriots jersey true religion jeans sunglasses outlet louboutin outlet timberland.org.uk mercurial superfly baltimore ravens jersey ugg boots uk oakley nike blazer pas cher lebron 10 toms shoes seahawks jerseys 2015 hogan swarovski bijoux oakley sunglasses outlet chanel bags ferragamo michael-kors-borse.it nike free run nike mercurial lakers jersey rolex watches chanel uk ugg colts jerseys louboutin shoes uk birkin bag mulberryoutlet.me.uk lebronjames-shoes.com kobe bryant shoes burberry jordansretro.in.net michael kors uk prada handbags fendi adidas zx tiffany converse trainers bengalsjerseys.us tory burch outlet online tory burch outlet online sac--chanel.fr mac cosmetics black converse gucci outlet cheapeyeglasses.in.net ray ban sunglasses kobe x vans shoes gucci handbags michael kors handbags vikings jerseys hollister uk ray ban sunglasses asicstrainers.org.uk adidas superstar miami dolphins jersey scarpe hogan tod's shoes fit flops oakland raiders jersey north face michael kors pas cher oakley sunglasses cheap gucci outlet minnesota vikings jerseys cowboys jersey fit flop ray ban sunglasses outlet ray ban pas cher vans outlet ferragamo shoes true religion outlet mac cosmetics uk bears jersey insanity wedding dresses tommyhilfigeroutlet.net ugg boots lebron 12 air max tiffany and co guess factory burberry outlet new balance uk oakley sunglasses chargers jersey jordan uk hogan-outlet-online.it jets jersey uggs nike store fake oakleys dallas cowboys jersey gucci belts lebron james shoes timberland uk seahawks jerseys converse sale michael kors outlet fitflops oakley glasses marc jacobs 49ers jerseys jimmy choo abercrombie harrods fendi handbags michael kors oakley pas cher designer handbags guess shoes cartier love adidas shoes nike free fivefingers uggs.org.uk converse uk adidas outlet lululemon.com.co barcelona jersey texans jerseys dolce gabbana new balance football love bracelet michael kors outlet lululemon uk beats solo air max 90

AD:

Posted by: Dunning1 (216.81.94.---)
Date: January 28, 2016 12:47PM

btt

AD:

Go to: ForumsMessagesSearchLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 5 on January 27, 2016
Record Number of Guests: 89 on December 29, 2015

Home | Columns | Articles | Features | Links | Forum | Mission Statement | Staff | Media & Press | Maps | FAQ | Contact